Chapter Eighty Two

While Wang Lei was quietly self loathing, the child in his lap finally stirred awake, they had been driving all night and the sun was just now creating light over the country. The child must've forgotten about his meeting with Wang Lei since when he awoke in a car as well as in a strangers lap, he freaked out. Wang Lei held the child still and soothed him before he could do anything bad.

"You're okay, it's the teddy bear eyes King."

The child calmed down quickly after hearing that but his eyes were alert, looking around until his stomach growled loudly. Wang Lei poked the empty stomach before pulling the bag of food up from the floor. The child looked as if he had found gold once Wang Lei handed over a container of food that was still warm, the child spooned the food into his mouth at rapid speed and it made Wang Lei frown.

"Slow down, there's plenty of food."

Even when Wang Lei told him this, the child still ate like a starved animal. Once his food was gone, the child leaned back into Wang Lei. His eyes were droopy as if he was about to fall asleep again. Wang Lei poked the child's face to get him to stay awake a little longer before speaking in a light voice.

"What's your name? You know mine but you never told me yours."

"Karo."

Wang Lei wasn't able to ask Karo anything else since he fell back asleep, his body more relaxed after eating. Their journey continued for another two days and with every passing hour, Wang Lei grew more and more anxious about what condition he would find his Brother in. He knew his Mother was no longer holding anything back and he feared he might find Wang Bao in a state that would be irreversible. Wang Lei tried to think with a clear mind but found it was hard to do so in times like these.

Finally, after another day of travel, Wang Lei was told by the driver that they had arrived in the town where the farm was situated and would carry on by foot. Because of this, Old Liu and Karo would stay behind until everything was dealt with. Wang Lei had healed more or less by now but his torso was still tender. Ala and Rana were already geared up for a fight along with the small handful of troops they had taken along with them, they used the cover of night to move through the town soundlessly before heading into the dense bush that would act as cover until their destination. In the bush, loud birds sang their songs even though it should be a time for them to be sleeping. Just as they could see a faint light through the branches, the birds around them boomed their song loudly. The volume was so shocking that most of them covered their ears and stopped moving.

"Stay alert, it's a trap."

Wang Lei pulled his gun up while scoping out their surroundings, he was able to block out the sound since they did this sort of training in the palace. Just as he thought, he could see quick movement on the edge of the bush and followed a silhouette before shooting, the person dropped to the ground with a grunt and soon bullets were being fired towards them. Their group dropped to ground for cover and followed Wang Lei, he was heading towards the body of water he could hear faintly to get away from the ear bursting songs. The bullets seized once they were no longer in view and they could hear the faint shuffle of branches coming towards them. Rana dropped behind and Ala stopped instantly, in the dark she couldn't see Rana's eyes turning black but she figured out what his plan was once she could hear a mix of his breathing and a wolf growling lowly. Wang Lei and his troops had never seen anything like it before and right before their eyes, they saw the tall muscular man erupt into a giant wolf. Bullet flew towards Rana's large body now that he was out in the open but none of them fased him. He jumped over the bushes hiding their enemy and attacked them all by himself.

Since they had cover now, Wang Lei got up and sprinted for the water while watching his side for any strays. Along the way they shot three people who tried to follow after them but once they were in the cover of the reeds, there looked to be no threat. The growls from Rana rumbled over the bird's song when suddenly the song of the birds cut out. There was a building beside the bush and reeds which looked to be an old barn, wide doors facing the bush slowly opened. Ala had a bad feeling and she called out in panic.