Chapter One Hundred & Sixteen

Wang Lei tried to get around spilling the truth he had withheld but Nera kept his eyes on the man until he broke.

"Xei mentioned to me not long after we came back to the palace after finding Bao, that the old doctor had been ordered to create a drug that would be able to kill thousands quickly. Even if Queen Mother was to die, this order was to be carried out. We decided to keep the old doctor around in case more followers that went into hiding showed themselves."

Nakai pushed Nera so he could look at Wang Lei, his face full of confused anger.

"Why didn't you tell us about this?"

"There's nothing to tell. Xei is keeping an eye on the old doctor, the longer she's in isolation the antsier Queen Mother's followers become. Right now, it's a waiting game."

Nera cooled down after hearing Wang Lei's explanation but Nakai was still angry.

"You should've told us, I wouldn't have gone to see her about Wang Bao if you did!"

Wang Lei stood up and pointed his finger at Nakai, his voice becoming louder.

"How was I supposed to know you would go and give her two pints of your blood. Each!?"

Nera pushed Nakai back so he could sit down before walking to stand behind Wang Lei, pushing him down by his shoulders. His voice was calm as he tried to release the tension in both the room and Wang Lei's shoulders.

"Don't worry, Nakai and I already knew we wouldn't be able to trust her. Whatever she thinks Nakai's blood can do, she won't be able to accomplish it since my healing enzymes are slower."

Wang Lei scowled at Nera before leaning back in his chair. When he started talking again, his voice was firm.

"We won't mention this to Bao, it will only make him worry more."

Nera quickly agreed while Nakai was hesitant, he had promised Wang Bao that he wouldn't hold back any information but when Nera and Wang Lei both looked at him, all he could do was grunt lazily before walking out.

. . . . . . . .

Wang Lei didn't know if it was a coincidence or thanks to Nakai but followers of Queen Mother started showing themselves around the country. Talk of another mass genocide was moving it's way through the black market which was quickly heard by Nakai. The old doctor hadn't done anything too suspicious yet but a lot of eyes were watching her to see what happened. After a week, the transfusion was ready and Wang Bao took it swiftly. He was only halfway through the large bag when he felt the pressure in his belly ease up and he could breathe properly. Since Wang Bao's reaction was so quick and he had been struggling with pain the last week, a scan was done hastily. This was the first time a human doctor in the palace had seen a baby in a male body, let alone a pregnancy to a Giant father. The image on the screen shocked her so much since the fetuses were so big. She looked at Wang Bao with a mix of fear and shock before talking.

"No wonder you're in pain, the babies are the size of 18 week human fetuses. Usually twins are on the smaller side because of space.....but yours ...are so big!"

Wang Bao rubbed his belly that had grown halfway to a pot belly, when Nakai joined in on the rubbing, the fetuses started doing backflips inside Wang Bao and he swiftly smacked Nakai's hand away.

"They keep moving when you touch me!"

The doctor carried on checking over everything inside Wang Bao via the ultrasound before dismissing him, there was nothing out of the ordinary when comparing it to a normal human pregnancy. After the doctor visit, Wang Bao wanted to go for a walk since he hadn't been moving around much and his legs were becoming itchy. With Hera holding his hand and Nakai walking behind, the trio walked around the large gardens. In the distance, Karo and Rara were practicing their stick fighting, the pa's of their sticks blending in with the sound of the trees and birds. Rara had grown a lot in the months Karo hadn't seen him, he had to aim higher now if he wanted to be on par with Rara's strikes. The family of three continued walking for a while before Nakai noticed they were nearing the staff living quarters that sat on the outskirts of the palace.