Chapter Four

Wang Bao was still a young child when his Father gifted him the stable. The stable had become his safe place on the palace grounds since the only living people who knew about this place were himself and his Brother, along with a handful of palace staff he trusted. At first Wang Bao liked to keep rabbits, birds and dogs but as he grew older he became more interested in beasts and wild creatures surrounding the different humanoid countries. By the time Wang Bao arrived at the stable, his legs had begun to ache again forcing him to walk with a limp. The guards bowed at him before opening the door. Loud hissing and growls could be heard coming from the end room. One guard took it upon himself to warn Wang Bao.

"Your highness, the Vet has left for lunch, the beast won't stop making a racket and has refused to eat anything. Don't get too close, your Highness; two guards have already been treated by the Doctor, it wouldn't be good for you to be injured as well."

"I understand."

Wang Bao smiled gently before stepping into the wooden stable. He had stopped hiding animals here once his Father died 3 years ago. He had also stopped trying to achieve his licence in medicine back then. Wang Bao looked around the aged wood sadly, his slow steps eventually taking him to the end stable. The large beast was trying to claw at the large metal gate holding her inside but it was no use. Once she caught sight of Wang Bao, Raia crouched down, ready to attack. Loud growls rumbled from her chest before she pounced at the gate. The strong metal shook violently as the beast landed on her feet, she shook her head before regaining her position again. Wang Bao chuckled to himself before holding his hands up in surrender.

"You're just like your Master. Stubborn and violent."

Raia stayed low while her four eyes narrowed at Wang Bao, he noticed how the beast could understand what he was saying and became curious. Wang Bao took a small step closer to the gate, his arms still raised. Raia started to growl again but quietly as she watched Wang Bao move.

"Your master is resting, after eating a delicious meal. Would you like to do the same?"

After taking two more steps, Wang Bao was standing directly outside the gated stable. Raia stopped growling but her stance was still showing her unease in a new environment. Wang Bao smiled happily seeing the cooperation. He took out a small screen from his pocket and took a picture of the beast. The screen started showing him various information sites about the beast.

"Hmm, you're a Monstrum Feline. What do you eat though?"

Wang Bao kept scrolling through various sights until he finally found one talking about diet. He leaned against the heavy gate as he quickly read through the article. Once he was finished, Wang Bao rolled his sleeves up. He quickly turned his head as he felt a warm breeze against his neck and saw Raia pressing her face against the gate. Wang Bao jumped back out of shock then chuckled.

"Aren't you curious? Don't go anywhere, your food won't take long."

After calling a few staff, the guards outside received Raia's food and Wang Bao walked towards them. The guards looked down the walkway in shock as Wang Bao hummed to himself. The ominous growls and hissing had stopped, giving them severe disbelief. While Wang Bao walked back to Raia he asked sweetly.

"I'm back~ Did you miss me?"

Raia turned around and swooshed her long tail as if she wasn't waiting by the gate and sat by the end wall. Wang Bao smirked as he set down the large bowls onto a nearby table. He sighed heavily while he looked at the fifty large eggs he had to crack.

"Kitty, you're lucky you're pretty. I've never prepared a meal for anyone other than my brother and father."

Raia hissed at the nickname but her lazy bread loaf posture didn't change. Wang Bao worked as quickly as he could but it still took 20 minutes to crack the large eggs. In the meantime Raia had moved from the end of her room to stare through the gate again. Wang Bao felt a strong gaze on his back but whenever he looked over his shoulder, Raia would be laying on the ground staring at the wall. With the last egg finally cracked, Wang Bao poured in the large jug of milk.