Chapter One Hundred & Fifteen

The nurse could see everyone relax once they heard the news and she pointed towards the door, her voice soft as she explained everything.

"His Majesty is inside there, feeding the baby. Lord Tomi has just finished with surgery."

The group of four men were asked if they wanted to see Wang Xei but Nakai and Nera quickly declined since it wasn't their place to stay. Wang Bao and Wang Lei both looked at each other and knew they wanted to stay so they quickly said goodbye before heading into the room. The room was dark as they walked inside and they could see Wang Xei was sitting alone with the baby in his arms. The sound of suckling and machines beeping were all that could be heard. When Wang Xei heard footsteps behind him, he glanced over his shoulder. The two men in front of Wang Xei could see he was in a better state of mind now.

"Tomi is okay, once he's awake, he'll be brought in here."

Wang Xei's tone was light but his Brothers could still hear the relief in his voice at the good news. Once Wang Bao and Wang Lei were by their Brother's side, they took a look at the baby in his arms. Although the three Brothers had never spent a peaceful moment with all of them together in one room, the moment was quite tranquil between them. Wang Lei could see Wang Xei was tired so he pulled Wang Bao towards the door but quickly went back and patted Wang Xei on the shoulder.

"We'll be staying a couple more weeks, take some time to get settled in and I'll take care of the official affairs."

Wang Xei looked up at Wang Lei in surprise before smiling softly.

"Thanks....you too, Bao. I'm glad the two of you are here."

Wang Bao felt something in his chest as he heard Wang Xei's words and he for once felt no bad feelings towards his oldest Brother. Wang Lei walked with Wang Bao out of the room and back to his quarters where everyone would be, on the way there Wang Lei placed an arm around Wang Bao before talking tenderly.

"The fear you felt today with Tomi, is the same I felt when you found out you were having twins. I don't want to be the one that watches you die helplessly."

"That won't happen, Lei."

Wang Lei hummed in agreeance as if he already knew that but it didn't stop him from having that fear. When they finally made it to Wang Lei's room, Wang Bao saw Nakai and Aggie waiting for him with Hera sleeping in Nakai's arms. As soon as he saw his daughter, Wang Bao walked over and gave her chunky body a tight hug, not bothering to care if he was waking her up or not.

. . . . . . . . .

Just as Wang Lei had said, he took over for Wang Xei while Wang Bao visited Tomi, he was surprised to see the man who had just beaten death so spritely once he walked into the hospital room. Tomi sat up in bed while Wang Xei sat at the end of the hospital bed with their daughter in his arms. When Tomi saw Wang Bao had come into the room, his face softened into a grateful smile.

"Xei told me you and Lei came by yesterday. I'm glad you decided to come around again."

"I needed to see that you were actually okay."

Wang Bao scratched his head awkwardly before sitting beside Tomi's bed, his eyes snuck a peak at Wang Xei who was rubbing the baby's cheeks while she slept. Tomi caught Wang Bao's surprised gaze and laughed lightly.

"It's an odd sight, isn't it?"

En. Wang Bao hummed while nodding his head slowly then turned back to Tomi, still surprised at how lively the man was. Seeing Wang Bao's facial expressions made Tomi happy and he started talking to Wang Bao again.