Chapter Fifty Seven

Because the semi truck was in good condition, and had a full tank of gas, Nakai told Zhang not to stop, unless absolutely necessary. This meant Zhang didn't stop driving for a full nine hours; had the truck not been at full weight capacity, he could have continued driving for a few more hours, but the extra weight meant the petrol was being used at a faster rate. Despite nine hours of driving, Luka was yet to wake up. With the sun already set, Zhang slowly turned off the main road he had been driving along, in order to get to the nearest petrol station. It wasn't until Zhang had stepped out of the truck that Luka finally showed signs of waking up, but when the young man slowly sat up, Nakai could see Luka wasn't fully aware of his surroundings. Without saying anything, Nakai watched as Luka looked around with half open eyes, before sliding across to the driver's seat. The leather was still warm from Zhang having only left the truck, and Luka bounced on the large seat with a dumb smile before realising there was a steering wheel in front of him. WIth a glassy look in his eyes, Luka started pretending to drive the truck with rumbling sounds coming out of his mouth to resemble the sound of a racing car.

Seeing Luka act like a little kid made Nakai laugh loudly, before he asked in an amused voice where they were headed. Without hesitating, Luka answered seriously.

"To find a husband!"

Out of all the answers Nakai was expecting, this wasn't one of them, and Nakai leaned his head back while laughing even louder than before. Beside him, Luka acted as if he couldn't hear Nakai's roaring laughter, and continued "driving' until he heard someone walking closer to the truck. Nakai could see Zhang walking closer to the truck through the side mirror, but as soon as he opened the driver's door to get in, Luka leapt out of the truck, clinging to Zhang's chest before he could fall to the ground. Zhang wasn't expecting Luka to be awake, let alone start groping him, and he struggled to keep his footing while Nakai continuously let out a howling laugh. Ignoring Nakai's unhelpful reaction, Zhang tried to pull Luka off of his chest, while also asking in bewilderment.

"What are you doing, Luka?!"

Although Zhang was trying his hardest, he couldn't get Luka off of him, and he could barely hear Luka's reply over Nakai's never ending guffaw.

"You're my husband!"

As if Nakai's laughing couldn't get any louder, Luka's answer sent him into another loud fit, causing Zhang's face to darken. Although Luka was puckering his lips for a kiss, Zhang forcefully shoved Luka away from his body, then placed him on the concrete at an arm's distance. While holding Luka back, Zhang could see Luka's face was flushed, and his eyes were bloodshot as well as glassed over. Seeing that Luka was still under the effects of the tranquiliser dart, Zhang's frustration dissipated. However, he didn't have time to get Luka back in the truck since Luka's eyes began to fill with tears. As if Zhang didn't have enough to deal with, Luka threw his head back like a small upset child, while shouting loudly.

"You don't love me?! Wu~"

Seeing Luka act this way gave Zhang unwanted flashbacks, and his already dark face blackened some more. Before Luka could bring on unwanted attention, Zhang pulled him in for a tight hug; at the same time, he leant down and whispered in Luka's ear.

"Shh~ Don't you remember what we talked about? Are you still willing to wait for me?"

Zhang was hopeful in his coaxing, but it was clear Luka wasn't in the right state of mind for a proper conversation, by the way he was exaggeratingly thinking about the question he had been asked. After only a couple seconds, Luka shook his head with a wide smile, then said in a happy voice.

"I don't remember. But you could kiss me, then I'll remember."

Luka's words were enough to bring back the dark expression from earlier, and before Zhang could lose any more patience, Nakai shouted from the truck for them to hurry up. It was clear their lovey dovey scene was making him mad, since he was longing for his own lover. Without wasting any more time, Zhang picked Luka up, and pushed him into the truck before he could get too handsy. Fortunately for both Zhang and Nakai, Luka fell back to sleep as soon as he was properly seated, and Nakai pulled him into his side to keep warm, as well as give Zhang space to drive. Once Zhang was buckled in, he turned the truck on and pulled out of the petrol station, heading back to the main road. From beside him, he could feel Nakai looking at him, and when Zhang looked over, he could see Nakai holding back a chuckle. Returning his narrowed gaze to the dark road, Zhang asked in a bitter tone what was so funny.