Chapter Ninety One

Over the next few days, Nakai was consistent with his fattening of Wang Bao and by the time his next appointment with the doctor came around, Wang Bao had gained three kilos. The doctor looked at the number on the scale before having Wang Bao step off then back on, the same number popped up everytime and he looked at Nakai.

"How did you get him to gain weight?"

"I fed him and made sure he was sleeping well."

Doctor grumbled to himself since Nakai made it seem so simple and he had Wang Bao sit on the bed to do the ultrasound. Rara and Karo were both in the room since it seemed like they had become the babysitters of the palace. Rara was sitting on Nakai's shoulders while Karo stood beside Wang Bao, he had opened up to Rara more since Rara pushed himself onto the boy but he still liked to tick close to Wang Bao. While he stood beside the bed, Karo tugged on Wang Bao's sleeve.

"How big is the egg now?"

The doctor didn't correct Karo but he did give him an odd glance before Rara chimed in loudly.

"Will it hatch inside your belly or will brother need to poop it out?"

Wang Bao gasped slightly as the cold jelly hit his warm skin before he began talking.

"The baby will be taken out soon from my stomach."

Karo held Wang Bao's hand tightly as he watched the screen, his eyes were wide as he saw the outline of the fetus. Rara stared at the screen as well but couldn't see the outline of a fetus and he whacked Nakai's head.

"Where is the egg? I can't see it!"

"The womb is the egg, the fetus is the image on the screen."

The doctor clicked his tongue as he finished his measurements and he paused the screen once there was a full body shot.

"The fetus is growing quickly again, you've reached the 28 week mark and I think it will be time to get this baby out of you soon. You've done better than I thought you would though."

Nakai put Rara down and told the two kids to head back to Wang Bao's room before sitting down, he then faced the doctor and started talking in a serious voice.

"The Queen Mother is being executed in two weeks, when were you planning on proceeding with the labour."

"Well, it depends. I'm surprised at how well Wang Bao's body is handling the pregnancy now, for the well-being of the fetus it's best if we leave it as long as possible but you should know that the length of the pregnancy is all guess work since we don't know about the conceiving date."

Wang Bao was quiet since he had told Nakai already that he wanted nothing to do with his Mother anymore, Nakai understood fully which is why he wanted their child to be born after the Queen Mother's execution. Hearing that the doctor was willing to wait and see how Wang Bao's body continues to cope made him satisfied and they quickly ended the appointment. Back in the room, Wang Bao wanted to lay down. Lately his routine had been eating breakfast then napping before lunch only to nap again after eating until it was dinner. Nakai laid down with Wang Bao to help him get to sleep by caressing his body, not long after, Rara came in and jumped onto Nakai. Karo soon came in too but waited in the doorway as if he was hesitant to get on the bed. Wang Bao patted the empty space in front of him and Karo quickly ran over with a big smile. Rara slid down Nakai to lay between him and Wang Bao before he poked his head over Wang Bao's arm.

"Karo, come lay next to me."

While Rara was waiting for Karo's answer he removed his clothes until he was only in his underwear, Nakai chuckled at Rara's action before poking his round gut.