Chapter One Hundred & Twenty One

When Wang Bao woke up, he was lying in a hospital bed and two nurses were feeding his babies, his entire body felt numb yet tired and all he wanted to do was fall back asleep, not waking up until next year. However, he couldn't do that since the nurses had spotted he was awake and they smiled up at him. The sleeping babies were put back in their beds that rested besides Wang Bao's bed before they came over to him, informing him about what had been done to his body.

"We had to operate on you since your placenta was fused to your womb. You needed to have a hysterectomy, this will take at least eight weeks for your body to heal. As for your babies, you have one girl and one boy. We understand that you're with Nakai, prince of Giant country?"

"...yes."

Wang Bao felt something was odd about the change in tone from the nurses and he waited for them to continue anxiously.

"This makes more sense then. The first twin weighed in at 12 pounds and the other twin weighs 14.5 pounds. This is very rare for human babies but the twins look to be more half Giant and half human. "

The nurses looked at Wang Bao to see his reaction while Wang Bao waited for the nurses to explain what that meant, when everyone was only met with silence, Wang Bao spoke up.

"Are the babies okay?"

"Of course, they were very hungry when they arrived here but they are very healthy twins. They look to have more of a Giant's appetite so when you and Prince Nakai leave, it would be best to feed them lots."

When Wang Bao heard that the babies were fine he relaxed into the bed but once he heard Nakai's name, his eyes shifted around the room before landing on the door.

"And Nakai is where?"

"....We don't know...maybe he will arrive soon."

The nurses couldn't stay any longer after answering Wang Bao's question and they swiftly left, informing Wang Bao to press the call button when the babies woke up. Because Wang Bao was fresh out of surgery, he couldn't move his body much, meaning he was unable to see his babies properly. As Wang Bao laid in bed quietly, he started missing Hera painfully along with Rara and Karo, which then made him think of Tomi and his baby. The large amount of children that passed through Wang Bao's mind was almost overwhelming to him as he only now realised he used to feel so distant towards kids. The thought of being a parent used to make his skin crawl but now he couldn't think of his life without them, whether they were his or someone else's.

The longer Wang Bao thought of everyone he missed, the more he became angrier at Nakai. The man had said he would be right behind him but now that he was awake, there was no Nakai. When Wang Bao felt so angry he could explode, his exhaustion also reached its peak. All he could do was fall asleep and dream of how angry he was.

. . . . . . . . .

Over the next two days, as Wang Bao continued to wait for Nakai, his anger continued to simmer inside him but his insecurities started to rise to the surface too. Since he couldn't feed his children yet because of his stitches, all Wang Bao could do was lay in bed. He started to think that Nakai no longer wanted him or grew tired of having a family, running off with Nera to live the rest of their days in that forest. When Nakai finally walked through the door of the private room, Wang Bao's face was so sour it looked like he had only ever eaten lemons in his lifetime. Wang Bao was staring at the ceiling with narrowed eyes while the babies slept soundlessly, he didn't realise someone else had come into the room until he felt a finger smoothen out the wrinkle in between his brow. Wang Bao stared up at Nakai blankly for a few seconds first before he started shouting loudly, his hands hitting Nakai wherever he could reach without having to move his body.