Chapter One Hundred & Two

Nakai tried to calm his breathing as he filed the papers back into the envelope, his hands were shaking from how angry he was and he struggled to pick up the pile of envelopes and sketchbooks to get them inside a bag. Nakai had never felt so much rage build up inside his body before and he knew Wang Lei was right when he said there was no one to take it out on. With a bag stuffed full of books and paper, Nakai walked out of the bedroom and into the living room, the shape was very similar to Wang Bao's but felt almost fake.

The room was filled with pretty things but nothing looked like anything Queen Mother would actually have, the stench of flowers was still pungent in the air and Nakai was feeling restless. Before his rage could burst out of his body, Nakai grabbed a piece of paper lying on the desk in the bedroom and found a box of matches. He struck the match and watched the warm orange flame dance on the burning wood until he pressed it underneath the piece of paper in his other hand. The flame grew in size casting a large warm light across the cold room, Nakai walked over to the curtains hanging down in front of the french door that opened out into Queen Mother's garden. He watched as the dry fabric caught flame instantly, the flame crawling up the fabric until it was reaching towards the ceiling. Nakai felt nothing as he walked to the door, the fresh air that came from the hallway caused the fire to grow even bigger. Nakai watched as the room became fully engulfed in fire before shutting the door and walking away. He could feel the heat stick to his back as he walked away from the inferno, he carried on down the hallway the loud siren of an alarm echoed through the palace and lights from an emergency team could be seen out the window.

. . . . . . . .

Nakai didn't see or talk to anyone after giving the doctor all the evidence of Wang Bao's abuse. He shut himself in Wang Bao's bedroom for two days without even seeing his daughter. Once the two days were up, Nakai walked out of the room with a fresh face and new haircut, the hair only a couple millimeters long. Wang Lei was in his living quarters refusing to do any King work as he watched the children play in front of him, Nera was dead tired since he was having to take care of three children at three different ages but didn't complain because of the situation. When he saw Nakai barge through the door, Nera packed Karo and Rara up, taking them into another room to play.

After Nakai found the room empty aside from him and Wang Lei, he spoke in a stern voice with dark eyes.

"I'm taking Hera to Giant country, I won't be returning for a while."

"What about Wang Bao?"

Wang Lei sat up and cleaned himself up a bit before walking to his bar and pouring the two of them a drink. Nakai walked across the room once the drink was ready and downed the large glass in one go before having Wang Lei refill it.

"I won't be able to see him for a while so there is no point in me staying here, besides, it's best to tell my parents about their Granddaughter and Wang Bao before they find out from someone else."

"I'll set up a plane for you then, it will be military so the trip will take less time."

Wang Lei swirled his drink around his glass as he stared at the floor, his mind in deep contemplation. When he finally drank the sour liquid, he heard Nakai speak in a quiet voice.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened to Wang Bao, you were only a child when everything first started happening and your Father sheltered you from a lot."

"I grew up a long time ago, Nakai, so I should own up to the things I could've prevented or noticed."

Wang Lei poured himself another glass before pouring more for Nakai and they both downed the bitter alcohol. Wang Lei didn't bring up the fire nor did Nakai and when the drinks were finished, Nakai called out to Nera who he knew was eavesdropping. Nera came from out of the bedroom with a sad smile and Hera in his arms, she was sleeping peacefully in his arms, knowing nothing of the current problems everyone was facing around her. Rara and Karo were standing behind Nera as well, looking up at Nakai sadly. Hera was about to be handed over to Nakai since Nera knew Nakai didn't like to hang around when Rara and Karo sprinted past him, jumping up at Nakai with tears already streaming down their faces. Nakai bent down and caught the jumping boys easily and pulled them up firmly. Rara was first to scold him as he hit Nakai's chest angrily.