Chapter Eleven

Wang Bao continued on the same road like Nakai had told him and once he saw the road ahead split into multiple lanes, he slowed down. Nakai was a light sleeper thanks to being raised in the military and his eyes shot open once he felt the difference in the van's speed. Wang Bao turned to wake Nakai up when their eyes met, causing Wang Bao to look away awkwardly then point at the road ahead.

"Ehm. The intersection is coming up."

Nakai twisted his body to face the front and pointed left, commending Wang Bao at the same time.

"We're making good time, keep at the same speed as before and we should make it to the coast by midnight."

Wang Bao tried his luck at getting more information.

"What will we do once we reach the sea?"

"Find a ship to board."

Everytime Wang Bao tried to dig for more about Wang Lei's location, Nakai would ignore him or answer vaguely. Getting sick of the silence after being in his own presence for hours, Wang Bao twisted the dial and the radio came on. A news woman suddenly spoke through the speakers.

"The following message will be repeated every hour.... Citizens of T City. Royal guards have been issued by the King to patrol the city streets in the hopes of finding the missing Prince Wang Bao, who is believed to be in cahoots with a criminal Giant. The Giant is currently believed to be responsible for the death of the late King as well as multiple King advisors and a personal maid of Queen Mother. Citizens are advised to call their local head guard if they have any valuable information about Prince Wang Bao or if you have recently seen any Giant. The King personally sends his thanks and prays for the safety of T City......Message end."

Wang Bao clenched the steering wheel until his knuckles threatened to rip through his skin, behind him Nakai thought to himself quietly. After hearing the automated message, Wang Bao preferred the silence and turned the dial, shutting off the radio. After doing so, Nakai spoke.

"Your Mother is a very sneaky woman...Back in the forest when you were sleeping I stumbled across a maid and two guards. The guards were digging a hole while there were two dead bodies beside a maid. Those men must have been advisors that didn't agree with her plans...To think that she also dares to use Wang Lei's name as a cover to get away with this is very sneaky. It's lucky they don't know my identity, my parents would be coughing up blood if they heard their son being called a criminal."

Wang Bao listened quietly to Nakai's low chatter then chirped in.

"Why don't we go to Giant Country? Wouldn't it be safer than traveling through various places by ourselves? Isn't Giant Country close to Man Country too?"

Nakai side eyed Wang Bao before motioning behind them.

"Do you want to turn around and travel back through T City? Besides, I don't want to head back home just yet. If I go back now I'll only be forced to explain this stupid war against your kind and choose a wife."

Oh. It was clear Wang Bao hadn't seen a world map in a long time, he also thought about the fact that Nakai was unhappy with his life and figured this was most likely the cause of his constant sour mood. He also thought about the letter Wang Lei had written to him and how it mentioned that their Father's death was not caused by the Giant's like everyone had been made to believe, and how they were actually friends to him. Wang Bao started to hypothesize out loud.

"I don't know if you know this but I think Lei knew our Father's death was caused by someone in the palace. Maybe this is why he chose to run away."

Nakai didn't want to be the bearer of bad news for Wang Bao and simply hummed in agreement before diverting the conversation.