Chapter Seven

The maid turned around and started running, Wang Bao froze as he didn't know what to do while Nakai took the matter into his own hands. He chased after the maid at a full sprint. It was only once Wang Bao saw Nakai at the other end of the hallway that he started running. Nakai's long legs were able to catch up with the fast maid and grabbed ahold of her hair, using his other hand to cover her mouth lest she start screaming. Wang Bao ran around the corner, a little breathless and saw Nakai twist the neck of the maid until it snapped. His body involuntarily stepped back and fell to the ground as his wide eyes stayed on the lifeless body Nakai was holding. Nakai put the dead body over his shoulder and walked back to Wang Bao thinking nothing of what he had just done.

"Come on, we're running out of time."

Nakai saw how pale Wang Bao was and glanced at the body on his shoulder before gently pulling Wang Bao up and turning him around.

"Lead the way quickly."

Wang Bao weakly nodded as he began to walk back the way they had come, picking up the pace once he had shaken off the cold feeling in his chest. Nakai made sure to keep a look out and multiple times while moving down the hallway, he had to stop Wang Bao as guards would walk past the windows they were passing. Finally after almost an hour, they made it to the stairwell leading down to the dungeons and rushed down; it didn't take long for the air to have a heavy dampness making it uncomfortable to breathe. At the bottom of the stairwell, Wang Bao pointed to a locked door.

"Your weapons are in there."

Nakai looked at the door, the framing was made of this steel with a scanning system. Wang Bao quickly moved to the side while Nakai stood front on and lifted his right leg, with a heavy booming sound he kicked the thick door. The metal became concaved because of the strike and with another fierce kick, the door flew to the back of the room. Nakai entered with the dead maid still on his shoulder, Wang Bao looked away in discomfort as the maid's lifeless eyes stared back at him. From inside the room, Nakai spoke.

"Do you know how to use a gun?"

"N-no."

Various weapons had been collected over the years and were left to gather dust in the storage room. Using one hand, Nakai loaded his hand guns into their holsters, he left behind the large automatic gun as it would stand out too much. He was about to leave the room when he spotted a small dagger and quickly placed it in his pocket. When Nakai turned around, he noticed that Wang Bao was avoiding looking at him and figured he needed to hide the body somewhere before leaving the palace. As they continued down the damp corridor, Wang Bao spoke.

"The exit is this way, the dungeons aren't used anymore so no guards will be waiting on the other side."

Nakai spotted an open cell and quickly dumped the dead maid's body before shutting the door, he then followed behind Wang Bao. After exiting through the same door Raia had been taken out of, both men ran towards the forest. Wang Bao didn't know this but Nakai knew where to go from here.

"Are there guards at the place Raia is being held?"

"Yes but you can't kill them, they're good men."

Nakai didn't answer as he picked up the pace, Wang Bao tried to keep up but his strides were half the size of Nakai's and he quickly fell behind. Nakai moved silently through the large trees and quickly caught sight of the stable and two guards waiting outside. He stopped, keeping hidden by the dense bush and started making his way around. Once he had reached the backside of the stable Nakai made a low humming noise. Raia perked her ears up and stood up, she shifted her body to the barred window and stared out, she quickly caught sight of Nakai and let out a soft mewl. Wang Bao finally caught up as he struggled to catch his breath. While he was busy gasping, Nakai removed both handguns.