Chapter Twenty One

Nakai lunged forward with two quick steps and moved to strike against Wang Bao's chest like he had done countless times before; Wang Bao focused on Nakai's swift body and stepped back as soon as he saw the Giant move forward. Using his right hand to shove Nakai's large palm away from his chest, Wang Bao then used his left hand to grab a hold of Nakai's right forearm. With his entire body weight, Wang Bao rammed his shoulder into Nakai's chest, stepping back as soon as he made contact. Although his movement was clunky and a little awkward, Wang Bao felt he had done a good job, causing him to drop his guard. Wang Bao jumped up and down while laughing, before shouting towards Rara excitedly.

"Haha, did you see that?"

Rara clapped with as much power as his small body could muster while standing on the bench. But before Wang Bao could celebrate fully, Nakai was right beside him, speaking into his ear quietly.

"Well done, however."

Suddenly Nakai crouched down and grabbed behind Wang Bao's knee to knock him down, using his free arm to protect the back of Wang Bao's head from hitting the deck. Nakai's warm breath blew over Wang Bao's face as he talked through his cocky grin.

"Don't drop your guard just because you've landed one hit."

Wang Bao had his hands pressed against Nakai's firm chest while he laid on the ground, he hadn't heard a single word that had been said because he was too busy staring into Nakai's eyes. Behind them, Rara jumped off of the bench and ran over giggling, the small pudgy boy threw himself onto Nakai's head, punching and screaming until Nakai reacted by saying.

"Okay, your turn."

Nakai quickly stood up before he pulled Wang Bao up by his arm, Rara was still hanging over his head trying to punch and kick, but couldn't land any proper attacks because his limbs were too short. Wang Bao dusted himself off and sat on the bench Rara had been patiently waiting on; even after sitting down, his mind was a little out of it. He watched in a daze as Nakai placed Rara on the ground before he crouched down into a fighting stance. Rara hunched over and growled before running at Nakai. In the palace, Rara had already started his lessons on fighting but he had only taken a couple. When Rara had made it to Nakai's legs, he jumped up and smacked the side of Nakai's knee, Nakai kneeled down to lean against his heels with a grunt as if he had been injured, allowing Rara to take the opportunity to jump onto Nakai thighs. Once balanced, Rara threw rapid punches at Nakai's lower stomach, not stopping until the Giant laid down in defeat. To finish the fight, Rara climbed onto Nakai's chest triumphantly while Wang Bao's face blackened. I am lower than a toddler.

. . . . . .

It wasn't surprising but everyone on board ended up hearing about Nakai teaching Wang Bao to fight, and once the lunch chores were done the crew, including Tira, headed to the deck to watch the second lesson. Rara was still boasting about defeating a Giant to his mother while Wang Bao failed to block another hit from Nakai. Wang Bao was becoming noticeably frustrated thanks to the crowd, and he shoved Nakai, shouting childishly.

"How am I supposed to learn like this? This is stupid!"

Nakai sighed and showed Wang Bao the blocks he had shown many times before, only a little slower this time.

"If I swing at you from the right side, lift your right forearm and reinforce it with your left hand. Same for the left. When I attack your chest, overlap your palms and push back. If you feel like you can't block, evade by stepping to the side or back."

Wang Bao listened with a sour face then got back into a defensive position. Before starting again, Nakai told Wang Bao to breathe and relax. It wasn't until Wang Bao actually listened that Nakai began the lesson. He threw an open palm right hook with medium speed at Wang Bao's head, Wang Bao lifted his right arm and blocked. While Nakai pulled back, Wang Bao repositioned his feet so that he could lean back on his right foot. Nakai suddenly threw a straight punch at Wang Bao's chest. To block, Wang Bao pressed his left palm against the back of his open right hand then pushed the large fist to the side, leaning back before stepping forward. Nakai ended with a swift backhand to the right of Wang Bao's face that he evaded by ducking, to counterattack, Wang Bao quickly swung his right hand to carry on the momentum in Nakai's swing. The force in Wang Bao's attack paired with Nakai's fast backhand was enough to make Nakai's torso twist sideways. Impressed with Wang Bao's first proper sparring session, Nakai straightened his posture and clapped honestly. The practice round was performed in less than thirty seconds but Wang Bao felt like his heart was beating out of his chest.