Chapter Fifty Two

As soon as Luka heard their group wouldn't be leaving until two days later, his stubborn attitude reached a new level and he refused to leave his room. Although Mika was sharing a room with his brother, small fights had started between them since Luka would ignore him for short periods if he spoke in favour of Zhang. Because he was becoming too frustrated to think, Mika decided to go for a walk with Alo for the remainder of the afternoon. By the time he had gotten back, Mika was a lot calmer but Luka hadn't changed. Mika knew that if he were to get into another childish fight with his brother, it would turn physical quickly and with no other ideas, Mika asked Nakai to try and talk some sense into Luka. While the rest of their group made their way downstairs for a shared dinner, Nakai unlocked Luka's room with the key Mika had given him and walked towards the bed. Luka was hiding under the blankets, refusing to come out despite being hungry, and Nakai sat on the edge of the bed. Nakai was never one to sugar coat things, and he knew this would be the best way to deal with Luka as well. While sitting on the edge of the bed uncomfortably, Nakai started talking to Luka as if he was a stern parent.

"Luka, I know you feel embarrassed and angry because of what happened between you and Zhang, but this is no way to deal with it. You say you're not a child, but would an adult act this way? Accept that you were rejected then you can move on. Now get up, we're having dinner as a group downstairs."

Nakai started walking away before Luka could give him an answer, but when he reached the door he heard Luka step off of the bed while saying in his usual light voice.

"Wait for me."

Luka ran across the small room to catch up to Nakai who was standing in the doorway, and the pair made their way down to the small restaurant attached to their motel. Although Luka was still hurt, he made sure to have a neutral attitude towards Zhang during the meal. He hadn't planned on sitting next to the young man, but because Wang Bao was sitting beside Nakai and Alo sitting between Mika and Nakai, Luka had no other choice than to take the empty seat in between his brother and Zhang. Thankfully the meal was large enough for everyone to focus on eating without much conversation, and halfway through the meal, Alo started ordering alcohol for everyone, Luka and Mika included. The spiced liquor helped everyone aside from Wang Bao relax, and the meal carried on with a more uplifted feeling.

Wang Bao was also drinking, but he had never been a big drinker and the spiced liquor wasn't to his taste. While everyone else drank glass after glass, he could only sip on the warming drink until the end of the meal. By the time there was no more food on the table, both Luka and Mika were red faced and giddy; Alo and Zhang weren't far behind them either as they sat happily with flushed faces and bright eyes. The only two clear headed people were Nakai and Wang Bao. When Alo tried to order more drinks, Nakai had flashbacks to when they first met up for the trip, and he quickly put an end to the long list of alcohol Alo was wanting to order. Next Nakai told everyone it was time for bed, but aside from Wang Bao who was incredibly sleepy and a little sore, the rest of the group complained and whined like little children. Luka and Mika whined the loudest as their bellies were too full from all of the food and alcohol they had ingested, the thought alone of having to lay down for the next eight hours only made their stomach churn, and Luka lifted his shirt to reveal his pale pudgy stomach. Luka rubbed his belly softly while complaining in a child-like whine.

"I'm hot~ I don't wanna go to bed yet."

Mika nodded his head slowly as he wanted to do the same and rub his uncomfortable tummy, but when he saw his brother's round belly, he couldn't stop from poking the soft skin. Luka instantly started giggling from the funny sensation, and both Mika and Zhang were happy to see an honest reaction from Luka for the first time during the dinner. Because of Mika's constant teasing, Luka started to wriggle and squirm around on his chair, luckily Zhang was sober enough to keep an eye on his movements, and leaned his arm out to press against Luka's side when he was close to falling off of his chair. When Nakai saw just how drunk Mika and Luka had gotten, he told Alo, who was also very drunk, to take them outside for a walk. Wang Bao didn't want to stick around any longer since he was almost falling asleep at the table, and he walked up the creaky wooden stairs with Nakai close behind him. Once they were gone, Mika and Luka started getting up from the chairs with wobbly legs, wanting to try and find the door that would take them outside. Alo was close behind them since he knew he also needed fresh air, but it was Zhang who found the door first since he was the least drunk out of the four. Guiding everyone outside, Zhang leaned against the motel window and watched Mika and Luka stumble around in the snow happily.