Chapter Thirty FIve

Breakfast was slowly eaten before the Werebeasts all thanked Nakai, Wang Bao and Zhang. Once the Werebeasts started their trek down the mountain, Luka crawled out of the tent and slowly walked into the kitchen. Talking and crying with Zhang had helped ease Luka's mind a little, and he sat opposite Ala while slowly drinking the broth Wang Bao had made for him. Ala narrowed her eyes at Luka, a little surprised someone could look so sick after being looked after for almost three weeks. For almost half the day, Luka sat in the kitchen and drank a pot full of broth. Wang Bao would come in intermittently to reheat another bowl, or ask if Luka wanted anything else. At the same time, Wang Bao was growing more tense around Ala, not because he was scared of her attacking him, but because the sun was close to setting and Alo still hadn't come back. Once the pot was empty of broth, Luka tiredly ate a piece of bread Nakai had baked the day before, he was so tired after finally eating that he fell asleep at the table, still clutching the bread. Once Luka was asleep, Zhang came into the kitchen, ignoring Ala's keen stare as he carried Luka back to the tent. Ala already knew everyone was avoiding the kitchen, she also knew Nakai was lying to her because Zhang couldn't lie to save his life; Everything he felt, always ended up on his face.

When Ala caught sight of Nakai walking through the hallway, she shot up from her chair and chased after the Giant. As soon as she was blocking his path, Ala pointed a finger in Nakai's face and shouted at him angrily.

"My brother has been hunting his whole life, Nakai! There's no way he would stay out this long. Where is he?!"

. . . . . .

Mika woke up in the early morning like usual. He groggily stepped out of bed before stumbling his way into the living room, wanting to empty the ashes from the fireplace before relighting it. Mika had become so used to Alo's sleeping body that was in the middle of the room, that he easily bypassed him while barely having his eyes open. While crouching down in front of the fireplace, Mika suddenly heard the hoarse voice of a man behind him.

"Can you hand me some pants, Mika?"

The moment Mika heard Alo's voice, he instantly became wide awake and jumped into the air while screaming at the top of his lungs.

"AGHH~ What the hell?!"

Mika jumped and screamed again once he turned around and saw Alo looking up at him with an amused expression. While Mika tried to calm himself, he heard Alo let out a small chuckle. Alo didn't expect Mika to be able to jump so high, and he found it quite funny. Once Mika was a little calmer, Alo held the blanket in one hand firmly, and he sat up with a long yawn. After looking around for a few seconds, Alo asked curiously.

"How long have I been asleep?"

Mika quickly counted the days on his fingers before answering Alo.

"...Six days."

Alo hadn't expected it to be so long and he scratched his messy hair with a sheepish expression. Before Alo could ask again, Mika walked back into the bedroom to grab the pair of pants and underwear he had prepared. During the time they had spent in the cabin, Mika had tried countless times to dress Alo, but he couldn't force himself to remove the blanket. After throwing the clothes to Alo, Mika returned to the bedroom once more and closed the door, sitting on the bed while waiting. Alo made sure to dress himself quickly Mika threw the pants he had gotten out for Alo before leaving to sit in the bedroom with the door shut. Alo made sure to dress himself quickly, and he added more wood to the fire before knocking on the bedroom door. Mika quickly answered but instead of entering the living room, he sat on the bed while staring at the ground. Alo could see Mika was wanting to say something and he followed him inside, sitting beside Mika patiently. Every couple of seconds Mika would peek at Alo silently but Alo didn't force him into saying what he wanted. After working up the courage, Mika finally opened his mouth and whispered.