Chapter Nine

In the morning, the small elderly lady pushed a cart taller than her own body towards Nakai and Wang Bao's room, her aged hand tapped against the door lightly and Wang Bao answered, his hair a mess after a comfortable full night's rest. Seeing Wang Bao made the old lady smile widely before she pushed her way into the room. Wang Bao was a little surprised at the entrance and was almost pushed aside by a lady thrice his age and half his height. Wang Bao barely had time to close the door when the elderly lady started talking.

"I got rid of your clothing and bought you two thome new wonth, I altho made your breakfath."

Nakai was lazing in bed with the sheet covering only what it needed to cover. He seemed unbothered by the fact that the old lady had thrown away a military uniform worth more than her land, while Wang Bao was heated over clothing he had stolen in the first place. The elderly woman took a small pile of clothes from the bottom tray of the cart and waddled over to Wang Bao, continuing to talk while she moved.

"I knew a man who looked thimilar to you. If I'm not mithaken that man thould be your Father. Which would altho mean you thould be wearing more tidy attire."

Wang Bao froze as the elderly lady stared up at him, she firmly held the clothes against Wang Bao's chest until he took them, then she made her way back to the cart. Wang Bao finally came back to his senses and was about to help her carry Nakai's clothes since he knew how heavy they were, but the elderly lady was able to lift them with ease. When she got to Nakai, her voice was almost whining like a child.

"You promithed me you would take me to the palath the next time we met."

Nakai took the clothing from the lady with tender hands and placed them on the bed before cupping the lady's face in one hand, his voice sounded genuine when he replied.

"I will but I'm not headed to the palace this time."

"You thaid that lath time."

The elderly lady's head looked like a grape when compared to such a large hand, and it confused Wang Bao to no end seeing the two people in front of him act like this. Without missing a beat, Nakai consoled the elderly lady.

"I swear, once I'm done with this task, I'll come back and personally escort you to my palace and anywhere else you want to go. Okay?"

The elderly lady blushed as she couldn't stop grinning and agreed without hesitation. Wang Bao watched the scene before him with even more deep confusion. Finally after a few more sweet words aimed at Nakai, his guns were placed on the bed then the elderly lady left. Wang Bao couldn't help but ask.

"How are you on such good terms with her?"

Nakai skipped around the question by asking his own.

"Aren't you more concerned with how she knows who you are?"

Wang Bao paused before talking without confidence.

"My Father was well loved among the citizens. There was a time when he would stroll around random neighbourhoods and help whoever asked for it. It's not too surprising for someone of her age to have some form of remembrance of what my Father looked like back then."

There was a short silence before Nakai asked another question.

"Do you know why your brother ran away?"

Wang Bao felt a pain in his chest from the question and remained silent, Nakai didn't push either and they both dressed themselves in silence. Wang Bao was dressed in a simple straight leg pant with a casual button shirt, the colours for both items were black and made his pale complexion appear more. The clothing was simple but was better than his mix of maid attire he had picked in a hurry. Nakai's clothing was similar to his military uniform but better suited for day wear. His dark grey cargo pants and black shirt were baggy enough to hide the majority of his muscles, making him seem younger. After dressing, Wang Bao dug into his egg toast without shame while Nakai checked his pocket in his pants because he felt a small weight that shouldn't be in new clothes. To his surprise he pulled out the small dagger he had taken from the dungeons in the palace, he had forgotten about the small weapon and tossed it to Wang Bao, the cold metal landed beside him on the large chair he was sitting on. Wang Bao didn't bother to look since he was too hungry and asked.