Chapter Twenty Four

After the fight Pou put Wang Bao on break, Nakai had offered to take over but both Ma and Pou refused, causing Ma to become the cook again. Wang Bao didn't want to see Nakai after their fight and Pou didn't force it. To help them keep their distance, Pou allowed Wang Bao to stay in his room for the night. The following morning Wang Bao continued to stay in the room, and Ma brought his breakfast in; her aged face showing her concern while she forced Wang Bao into a tight hug. Ma's short frame held Wang Bao's waist until he couldn't breathe, and he heard her say with a muffled voice.

"You two should talk it out, don't stay cooped up in this room."

Wang Bao frowned and shook his head, acting like a spoiled child when saying.

"I don't want to talk to him."

Ma couldn't get through to Wang Bao, no matter how hard she tried and she took the dirty dishes away once he had eaten. Not long after Ma left, Rara came running in. His face was sad and red from all of his crying. The small boy sprinted across the large room before jumping forward, and Wang Bao caught Rara easily before he laid back onto the large bed behind them. In Wang Bao's arms, Rara wiped his wet face on Wang Bao's shirt, his childish voice becoming muffled.

"I'm sorry~ I told Nakai to hit your butt so he could win the fight and now you hate him. Waah~~"

Rara started crying thinking he was at fault but Wang Bao soothed him gently.

"It's not your fault, I was angry for other reasons. I shouldn't have continued fighting when I was so angry."

Rara wiped his wet face on Wang Bao again and laid on the flat chest. Wang Bao saw how tired Rara looked, as if he hadn't slept very well, and it wasn't long before the small child fell asleep on his chest. Wang Bao was also tired because he had spent all night thinking over his violent breakdown, trying to figure out why it had happened, especially since he couldn't remember a lot of the fight. The sound of Rara's soft snoring was enough to make Wang Bao's eyes droop, and he fell asleep with his legs hanging off the bed. Later in the day It seemed everyone wanted to visit Wang Bao; multiple crew members tried to bring snacks in but would turn around when they saw Wang Bao sleeping soundly. Pou had also visited and put Wang Bao on the bed properly, not disturbing either sleeping people. The last person to visit Wang Bao was Nakai. When he walked into the room and saw both people sleeping, he was tempted to turn around, but he stopped mid step. Looking back at Wang Bao's frowning face, Nakai walked over to the bed, picking up both Wang Bao and Rara in one smooth motion.

. . . . . . .

When Wang Bao woke up, he was still half asleep but anxiously felt around for Rara since he felt no weight on his chest, but when he opened his eyes realised he was back in his cabin on Nakai's bed, with Nakai laying beside him. Like usual Nakai's eyes were on the screen of the tablet he was holding, without looking over, Nakai spoke in a dull voice.

"Rara woke up half an hour ago, he's with his Mother now."

Wang Bao wanted to avoid Nakai because of his violent outburst, but he knew it would only lead to problems once they left the ship and he forced himself to sit up. Wang Bao's eyes stared at the sheet in front of him before he spoke in a gloomy tone.

"I'm sorry for what I did yesterday. I should have listened to you and stopped fighting but for some reason...I couldn't control my body, I didn't want to be violent or aggressive towards you...but I couldn't stop myself."

Nakai continued scrolling through whatever was on his screen without really looking, he replied to Wang Bao with a hint of bitterness.

"Why should you apologise? You hate me and I deserve that hatred. After all I've done to you and your body, I should be punished severely."