Chapter Seventy

Out of all the reactions Nakai had been picturing in his head while waiting for Wang Bao to do something, he never thought Wang Bao would throw a knife at Wang Lei's head. Although Wang Lei was still oblivious to the sharp object flying towards him, the Giant gently rubbing the dirt from his hands was aware to the flying object, and swiftly caught the dagger by it's handle. It was only now that Wang Lei realised there was someone else in the backyard, and he turned to see who had thrown a dagger at his head with a dark glare. The Giant also turned to face Nakai, but his gaze was much more playful since he had thought Nakai had thrown the dagger out of friendly banter. However, when Wang Lei turned, he instantly saw Wang Bao standing beside Nakai with a cold face, his black eyes set on his face. The Giant holding the dagger hadn't seen Wang Bao yet since his stature almost disappeared beside Nakai, and he tossed the dagger back to Nakai with a grin.

The only thing running through Wang Bao's mind when he saw his brother's face was rage, and when he saw the dagger coming back his way, before Nakai could reach out and grab the weapon, he reached out; catching the blade rather than the handle. As soon as Nakai saw this he tried to pry the dagger out of Wang Bao's hand, but this only caused Wang Bao's grip to tighten, and a steady stream of blood began to flow between the gaps in his hand. Nakai was becoming desperate now, but before he could think of a way to pull the dagger out without hurting Wang Bao more, Wang Bao ran forward towards his brother while screeching. When the unknown Giant saw this, he instantly stood in front of Wang Lei, but before Wang Bao could get close enough to fend off, Nakai shouted in a stern voice.

"Leave him, Nera."

Although Nera wasn't wanting to let Wang Lei's rage-filled brother any closer, he listened quietly to Nakai and stepped away, before making his way to stand beside Nakai. With a clear shot at his brother now, Wang Bao lunged forward with the blade of dagger swiping at Wang Lei's face, but Wang Lei had now gotten over the shock of seeing his brother, and quickly stepped aside. Wang Bao was quick to react to this though, and he pivoted on his left foot before plunging the dagger towards Wang Lei's stomach. When Wang Lei had left his brother, Wang Bao had never so much as sparred with anyone, let alone been good enough to fight with a weapon, but now Wang Lei was having to be quick on his toes to make sure he wasn't stabbed. Once Wang Lei found a break in the attacks, he pushed Wang Bao back a few paces, then said in a slightly tense voice.

"My dear Bao, please calm down. I will explain everything to you."

Wang Bao was too angry to make out what Wang Lei was saying to him though, with the gap between them too far for him to jump, Wang Bao threw the dagger once more. Wang Lei hadn't been expecting this, causing him to be a split second too slow, and when he turned his face, the blade of the dagger sliced against his cheek bone. Much like Wang Bao, Wang Lei was prideful towards his good looks, and when he felt the warm trickling of blood down his cheek, his gaze towards his younger brother darkened. The shock from seeing his brother had completely faded now, and Wang Lei's mood had turned bitter. Without wasting time trying to converse with Wang Bao, Wang Lei darted forward with quick steps while muttering under his breath.

"I guess I'll need to scold you first."

Nakai might have been a good teacher when it came to Wang Bao learning how to defend himself, but Wang Lei started learning to fight before he could walk properly, and it showed once in his movement when changing into attack mode. Despite being angry at his brother for treating him unkindly, Wang Lei was still clear headed enough to not want to hurt Wang Bao. Every hit that was landed against Wang Bao's chest and cheeks were open handed, and Wang Lei was pulling his hits to make sure he only used sixty percent of his strength. Had he used his full strength like Wang Bao was, then his brother would have already collapsed to the ground unconscious. Wang Lei's plan had been to slap Wang Bao a few times to shake some sense into him, but after the fourth slap to his brother's cheek, Wang Bao wasn't flinching, let alone calming down. Seeing this caused everyone, including Nera and Nakai, to feel a chill down their spine. Wang Lei wanted to change his tactics now, but once he started to pull away, Wang Bao took the opportunity to hold onto his wrist, pulling it to his mouth before sinking his teeth into Wang Lei's skin.