Chapter Twenty Five

Nakai continued to drive the submarine until they were far enough from the city to no longer be on their radar; turning the auto drive on, Nakai wouldn't need to drive again until they reached the border. Wang Bao made himself busy by putting the food Ma had given them, as well as the food from Nakai's bag into the small cupboards in the kitchen area. The submarine wasn't like the one they had used to transport Tira's statue, instead Wang Bao found it was more like a mobile home. Thankfully it was roomy enough for both Nakai and Wang Bao since the Sea People were similar in height with Giants. Once everything was put away, Wang Bao walked down the short corridor and into the back room that was the bedroom. Inside the room, Nakai was sitting on the large bed, folding a large pile of clothes that looked to be for the both of them. Wang Bao stood in the doorway patiently, watching as Nakai folded each piece of clothing quickly yet precise. It wasn't long before Nakai started putting the clothes away into the small drawers inside the wall beside the bed, with a small enough space on the bed for him, Wang Bao laid down with a huff. Looking back at Nakai, Wang Bao said in a light voice.

"It doesn't feel like we're making our way to see Lei... It feels more like..."

Before Wang Bao could finish, Nakai cut in.

"A honeymoon?"

En. Wang Bao hummed in agreement while his eyes moved to look above him. Nakai finished putting the last piece of clothing away, then he joined Wang Bao on the bed, the two of them staring up at the ceiling in a peaceful silence. Above the bed was a large circle window, it allowed them to watch all the small and large sea creatures swimming around. Wang Bao was quite interested in watching all the different species he had never seen before, when he felt something cold slip over his hand and onto his wrist. Wang Bao slowly sat up and stared at his wrist. He knew it wasn't just a plain bracelet, but he also didn't know what it was and he asked Nakai.

"What does it do?"

Nakai pointed to a rough fingerprint size section on the shiny metal while explaining.

"It's nano-tech armour. It won't cover your face because ours isn't made to be under water. Try it out, see what it's like."

Wang Bao had never heard of nan-tech but he wasn't interested enough to ask what it was, instead he ran his finger over the rough patch of metal Nakai had pointed out, and he felt a cold firm material spread over his body within a split second. Wang Bao froze on the bed before he looked down. He could see his entire body was covered in a thick rough black material, the texture of the material was like broken ground unlike the scales on the Sea guards armour. When Wang Bao moved his body side to side, he could see hints of blue and green shine in the light. Wang Bao suddenly looked up at Nakai and saw he was also wearing his armour. Unlike Wang Bao's, Nakai's armour was a mixture of different browns, and his armour didn't cover his feet or hands. The only similarity was the texture of the material. Wang Bao reached forward and ran his armoured hand over Nakai's chest, a rough grating sound came from the materials rubbing against each other. Wang Bao liked the sound and ran his hand over Nakai's chest again before heard the Giant say.

"It's very rare for a country's royal armour to be given to outsiders. Sea people like to keep their tech to themselves, in case anyone tries to use it against them."

Wang Bao pulled his hand away from Nakai's chest, and rubbed the cuff on his wrist. In an instant his normal clothes appeared. Wang Bao stared at the cuff, mesmerised by the science. Nakai removed his armour as well and stood up to leave the room. He returned to the control panel and sat down, before removing the auto drive. Nakai took control of the wheel and manoeuvred the submarine through a dark winding cavern where various old stone pillars stood. Wang Bao slowly made his way to the front of the submarine, and sat beside Nakai. He couldn't help but feel the landscape felt a little ominous while he looked around them. It wasn't long before Wang Bao could see the ruins of tall stone pillars, and he asked Nakai.