Chapter Sixty One

When Wang Bao first felt the ice cold water surrounding his body, the only thing he could register was the pain that came from landing in the water from a great height. Next came the shock of everything that was happening before the sudden realisation that he couldn't breathe. Just when Wang Bao started to flail around in the bone chilling dark water, he felt a large hand grab his arm before he was dragged to the surface of the water. While gasping for air, Wang Bao struggled to make out the words coming out of Alo's mouth until he felt two small bodies being pushed into his arms. As Alo dove back under the surface, Wang Bao tried to calm his racing mind and found he was holding onto Luka and Mika, who were still delirious from everything that had just happened. Before they could start freaking out, Wang Bao forced his stiff body to swim towards the rocky shore. From what he could see in the dimly lit dome room, the large body of water the size of a small lake was surrounded by black rock, with the higher parts of the dome littered with small lights. It wasn't until Wang Bao dragged Luka and Mika up to the dry land the both brothers started to come back to reality, and they looked around frantically. Wang Bao also looked around with a fearful expression since he didn't know what had happened to Alo or Zhang. One thing he did remember was Nakai sacrificing his own body for their safety, and he shouted Nakai's name frantically while running back into the ice cold water.

The sound of Wang Bao's voice echoed around the wide open space loudly, but no one answered. WIthout hesitation, Wang Bao dove under the water and tried to search for Nakai or anyone else, but the water was so dark he could barely make out his own hands in front of him. When returning to the surface, Wang Bao struggled to breathe properly thanks to the fear and low temperature of the water. Before he could dive under again, Luka and Mika shouted at him while pointing to the otherside of the lake. As soon as Wang Bao turned around, he could make out Alo and Zhang standin

\]cer67890-]\g on the water edge; he could also see they were struggling to pull something large out of the water, and realised the large object was Nakai. Wang Bao quickly turned back to Luka and Mika, shouting for them to make their way around, then pushed his exhausted body to swim to the otherside of the small lake. Despite the pain in Wang Bao's lungs, arms and legs, he pushed himself to keep swimming, and it wasn't long before he made it to the spot where Alo and Zhang were still struggling to pull Nakai up.

Both Alo and Zhang were pale from the cold, but they continued to force their exhausted bodies to get Nakai out of the water. When Alo noticed Wang Bao crawling towards them from the water's edge, he nodded towards Nakai's arm while saying with a grunt.

"Hurry, grab his arm and pull."

There was barely any strength left in Wang Bao's body, but it didn't stop him from lifting Nakai's heavy arm, and forcing his body to pull with as much strength as he could muster. Had Nakai not been soaked to the bone or in water, then Alo and Zhang could have managed by themselves, but because Nakai was unconscious in the lake along with their bodies being pushed to their limits, it was proving more than difficult to move Nakai's dense body. By the time Mika and Luka had run over to help, they had only managed to get Nakai's top half out of the water, and Alo called out to both brothers to pull Nakai's other arm. With Alo and Zhang holding under Nakai's armpits, all five of them beared down hard to pull and Nakai was finally pulled out of the water. Before Alo could do anything, Wang Bao was beside Nakai's head to check his breathing. Fearing the worst, Wang Bao couldn't feel any air against his hand, and he stuttered out to Alo while patting Nakai's cheek with the back of his hand.

"H-He's not breathing, Alo."

As soon as Alo heard this he crouched beside Nakai's chest then placed his ear over the area where Nakai's heart would be. After listening for less than five seconds, Alo couldn't hear any signs of a heartbeat, and he reacted quickly by pushing Wang Bao out of the way in order to get beside Nakai's head. While pinching Nakai's nose, Alo took a deep breath then locked his mouth over Nakai, pushing as much air as he could into the Giant's lungs. Once Alo saw Nakai's chest expand he pulled away while calling for Zhang to help him perform CPR. Unlike on a human or other humanoid beings, performing CPR on a Giant when you weren't a Giant yourself was difficult. While Wang Bao felt all the life leave his body, he watched with wide eyes as Alo and Zhang started stomping on the centre of Nakia's chest. Despite not having any power to stand up, Wang Bao tried to jump forward to stop the brutal attack on Nakai's chest, but he instantly fell to the ground with a heavy thud; in the end he could only shout with a hoarse voice while tears streamed down his cheeks.