Chapter Five

A few days passed and the 3 week mark of the King's disappearance came around. Wang Bao received another update on the guards he had ordered to search for his brother but the information was zilch again. Queen Mother had also started her take over from the shadows, she played it off as helping the Country stay safe while the war was on hold.

Unknown to Wang Bao, Nakai's body had become fully adjusted to the medicine he received daily and now his body was unaffected, his leg had also healed quicker than the Old Doctor expected and he could tell she was becoming curious about the Giant's DNA. If it weren't for Raia being held in an unknown area, Nakai would've left once his body had regained its full strength. Wang Bao walked into the room wearing a floral silk shirt and shorts. His attire had become more casual after avoiding the eyes of the palace staff. Wang Bao sat down while holding a large pot filled with a savoury grain porridge.

"Eat up quickly, I'm sick of eating cold food."

The atmosphere between Nakai and Wang Bao had softened but Wang Bao wasn't close to liking the person on his bedroom floor.

"Tell me where Raia is."

"Who is this Raia? I won't tell you unless you tell me where my brother is."

Usually Wang Bao would ignore whenever Nakai would speak to him but he was getting impatient with the same questions everyday. Nakai sighed inwardly, also feeling impatient.

"My beast, where is she? Is she well?"

Wang Bao scooped another spoon full of food as he thought of the large cat he had befriended.

"She is well, we're very close."

Nakai almost choked on his food as he stared at Wang Bao in disbelief and the conversation ended there. After the quiet meal Wang Bao left to visit Raia. He was forced to change the way he walked towards the stable and had to walk through the dungeon in order to avoid being seen, though this was the longest path he didn't mind too much. With a flushed face Wang Bao walked down the corridor to where Raia was staying. On his way in he gathered the head harness and reins.

"Kitty~ A little someone told me your name is Raia. How about we go on a walk today?"

Raia perked her ears up at the mention of her name and Wang Bao felt the change in her demeanour. Seeing the change, Wang Bao couldn't help but scoff. Did you hate the nickname that much? Raia laid down silently while Wang Bao worked on clipping everything together, once everything was set up, he launched his body up Raia's side to sit behind the beast's gigantic head. Wang Bao gripped the reins tightly but didn't pull them as he let Raia wander out of the gate slowly. Once in the corridor, Wang Bao spoke in an amused voice.

"Guards, I'm taking Raia for a walk, you may take a break."

Wang Bao knew it would be best to warn the guards ahead of time since it would be sad if Raia were to become injured again but the guards freaked out anyway and swiftly reached for their guns. Raia saw this and narrowed her four eyes angrily while a loud growl erupted from her chest. Wang Bao felt his whole body shake and he did his best to calm everyone.

"Easy, easy. Put the gun's away, she won't hurt anyone."

The guards found what Wang Bao was saying hard to believe but they put their guns away anyway. Raia calmed down a little and walked her large body down the stable corridor, once she reached the outside she looked around slowly. After taking in the warm sun she suddenly sprinted forward, Wang Bao almost flew back but he was able to hold on to the reins and steady himself. Raia weaved in between the large trees surrounding them easily, Wang Bao didn't know for sure but he believed she was happy.