Chapter Nineteen

The next morning Wang Bao jumped out of bed with the most alertness he had ever had in his life. He planned on running into the kitchen but ran into a naked Nakai who was exiting the same room. Wang Bao jumped back from shock before realising it was Nakai, he would usually shout at the Giant to stop walking around naked, but he was too worried about the dough and oil. When Wang Bao finally made it into the kitchen, he saw the stack of containers where the bowl of dough had been originally. Wang Bao stared at the clean room for almost ten seconds before talking to himself.

"What? The dough was here last night."

Wang Bao opened the containers and saw the abundance of desserts that weren't there when he had fallen asleep. He closed the container with a dumb expression then walked over to Nakai who was eating a bowl of porridge on the couch, still naked.

"The cookies and pastries, where did they come from? And where did the dough go for the fried bread?"

Nakai was reluctant but he pointed at himself. Wang Bao couldn't believe it as he stared at Nakai with shock written all over his face. Nakai finished the last of his breakfast and stood up, using a finger to push Wang Bao's mouth closed as he walked by. While walking into the kitchen, Nakai's cocky voice carried over to Wang Bao.

"You already know I can cook, is it that shocking to know I can bake as well?"

Wang Bao followed behind Nakai, still in a daze as he replied.

"But you made so many different pastries. How did you learn to make so many?"

No matter how hard Wang Bao tried, Nakai wouldn't continue to speak about the desserts.

. . . . . .

In the afternoon, Ma and the crew headed back to the ship while Pou, Nakai and Wang Bao visited Lani one last time. The large amount of food was handed over to the confused receptionist before they walked into the room. In the hospital room, Mo was sitting on Lani's bed and they were watching something on a small screen. When Wang Bao walked in, Lani kicked Mo out of the bed and made space for Wang Bao. With a disheartened face, Mo limped back to his bed before pointing at the small container Wang Bao brought.

"Did you make more food?"

Wang Bao opened the container of cookies Nakai made and handed two to Mo before sitting beside Lani. Once he was seated, Wang Bao handed two cookies to Lani while replying.

"I made more than this but they will be frozen for when you have meals. These are just a few cookies. The bag I brought with me has more snacks just in case you two get hungry between meals."

Before leaving the hotel, Nakai told Wang Bao to not mention the foods that were made by him and he watched in disgust as Lani took a big bite from the decadent cookie. Wang Bao watched Lani eat, smiling with a hint of sadness before he pulled the small obsidian king chess piece he had taken from his room, out of his pocket. Lani looked at Wang Bao with surprise as the small stone king was placed in his hand. Wang Bao spoke softly as he closed Lani's hand around the stone.

"I know I didn't accept your feelings but I hope we can continue to be friends."

Lani looked at the high quality cut glass before smiling gently at Wang Bao.

"I would like that, Bao."

Pou, Wang Bao and Lani continued to talk until the sun had fully set with Mo and Nakai listening quietly. Before Pou, Wang Bao and Nakai could leave the room, the nurse came in with the dinner meal Wang Bao had made. Once Lani saw the meal, he leaned forward and gave Wang Bao a bear hug. Wang Bao had never been hugged by such a muscular man before and he felt his body was too weak. After another goodbye to both Lani and Mo, Wang Bao left the room behind Nakai and Pou. However before his body had stepped out of the room fully, Wang Bao turned around and said with a wide smile.