Chapter Forty Five

It had been close to two hours since Wang Bao and Mika had started searching through the corridors, and they were still running tirelessly. Wang Bao had stopped multiple times already because of how tired he had become, and he was losing hope in finding the dungeons like this. It didn't help that they had been going in and out of empty rooms to hide from people looking for them. After stopping for the nth time to catch his breath, Wang Bao heaved the bag on his back to his front before looking down at Mika to say.

"I don't know if we'll be able to find the wolves, Mika. This place is like a maze and I feel like we're bound to be caught soon. Do you think we should head back?"

Mika shook his head causing Wang Bao to sigh tiredly; Mika then ducked down and scratched at the bag to warn Wang Bao. Knowing the signals Mika would give him after spending so long together in this predicament, Wang Bao attempted to find a safe place to hide. He ran down the long stone corridor that looked like every other corridor they had gone down, before he found a large bathing area; the scent of natural spring water was overwhelming but it helped hide their own scents. The bathing area was the only room that had an open doorway, and Wang Bao ran to the far wall beside the doorway to hide beside the shelves people used for holding their clothes.

After a few tense seconds, Wang Bao could hear multiple footsteps pass through the corridor. When he heard the sound pass by them then soften, Wang Bao Wang Bao felt it was safe enough to peek out of the doorway and he crept towards the entrance of the bathing area. When he peeked around the doorway, Wang Bao saw Mana and two guards walking down the corridor in the direction they had been going. As soon as she was gone, Wang Bao asked Mika in a hushed voice.

"What room did she come out of, Mika?"

Mika only needed to sniff the air once before he scratched forward then right. Wang Bao tried to twist the doorknob, but it was unsurprisingly locked. Wang Bao then tried to shoulder-barge the door open, but it wouldn't budge. Before Wang Bao could hurt himself or make enough noise to alert someone, Mika jumped out of the bag and squeezed himself under the door. Wang Bao had seen this earlier, but it was still amazing to see; he watched in awe as Mika's body squished down to slip under the door before he heard the lock being pulled open. Without hesitation, Wang Bao opened the door before quickly shutting then locking it. When Wang Bao turned around, he was surprised to see they were in a bedroom; all of the rooms they had hid in so far had been either empty or storage rooms. The room itself was large but there wasn't much inside, only a large bed, dresser, bookshelves and a large mirror hanging on the wall opposite the door.

Before Wang Bao could try and look around for anything that would lead them to the dungeons, Mika scurried over to the large mirror and scratched at the wooden frame with his claws. Wang Bao quickly joined him and tried to pull the mirror off of the wall, but it wouldn't budge. Wang Bao was half tempted to smash the mirror because of how long it had taken them to get this far, but he held on a little while longer before losing all of his patience. For his final attempt, Wang Bao decided to push on the mirror and he felt the entire frame slip back slightly before a quiet clicking sound happened; all of a sudden, the mirror opened outwards towards Wang Bao and he stepped back before he could get hit. In front of both Wang Bao and Mika was another tunnel, only this time it headed down rather than straight ahead.

Mika went to run down the dark pathway, but he was quickly stopped by Wang Bao asking in a hushed voice.

"Mika, can you find your way back to Alo?"

Mika quickly turned around and nodded his head. Wang Bao then crouched down to tell Mika in a serious voice.

"Good, bring everyone here as fast as you can. If anyone sees you, just keep running until you're back at Alo's room, okay?"