Chapter One Hundred & Nineteen

Nakai's group were making quick time of the long distance between them and Raia, although every few days she would move to a new location, Nakai knew she had found Wang Bao since she wouldn't be on the move for too long. Although Raia had found Wang Bao, Nakai was still nervous about Wang Bao's condition. So much time had already passed and he was unsure of how he would find Wang Bao. The pregnancy was already high risk but now Wang Bao's safety was on the edge of a very high cliff.

During their travel to Raia, Nakai had been counting the days between changes in location and he noticed the old doctor would move her group every three days. When Nakai woke up before sunrise, he was expecting to see Raia in another location but she hadn't moved. They were less than 70 kilometers away thanks to them taking only a few hours to rest every night. When Nakai made sure the location was correct he ordered everyone up, making them move as fast as they could. While they ran through the dense forest, Nakai informed Nera and Wang Xei, his voice stable even though he was moving at a fast sprint.

"They haven't changed locations yet, we need to close the gap between us before they move."

Nera understood the urgency since there were multiple things on the line but he had to look at it from another perspective since Nakai was too close to the situation.

"What if they move? How much longer do you think Bao can last out here?"

Wang Xei called over from the other side of Nakai.

"I've already made a call to the Dwarf royals, they have people searching the forest on their side just in case. If we miss Bao today, I'll tell them to move in and cut them off."

After that, the men fell into silence as they kept running at a great speed. They didn't stop until their men's legs could no longer keep up with them but even then, Nakai didn't want to stop. Had it not been for Nera, Nakai would have carried on alone. Aside from Nera, the only thing that calmed Nakai down was looking at the tracker and seeing how Raia still hadn't moved yet. It was early evening as Nakai watched the map on his screen, seeing that Raia hadn't moved out of the area, made Nakai both happy and nervous.

. . . . . . . . . .

When Wang Bao woke up, he didn't know what had happened for a while. What he did know though was that he was surrounded in the stench of blood. He knew some of the smell was coming from his own bloody face but the foul smell was so thick that it could only come from a dead body or three. Wang Bao struggled to open his eyes since they were so swollen but through the slits, he could see Raia sitting sadly beside his bed. When Raia saw Wang Bao was awake, she mewled softly before nuzzling Wang Bao's arm. Wang Bao had no strength in his body but he forced his arm to reach up and rest on Raia's forehead, his speech slurred as he muttered.

"I knew it was you out there."

Raia answered with another soft mewl before Wang Bao fell asleep again. Since Wang Bao was still chained up, Raia had no way of getting Wang Bao out or clean, she also didn't want to try to get Wang Bao free since she didn't want to risk hurting the injured man more. Instead she decided to move the dead bodies out of the room before pulling a blanket over Wang Bao. The smashed window let in a cold breeze that made Wang Bao shiver in his sleep but Raia was too big to get on the bed with him, all she could do was roam around the small cabin and drag all the blankets back to Wang Bao's bed. Once Wang Bao was sufficiently covered in blankets, Raia went hunting for worms to munch on, keeping a keen ear on what Wang Bao was doing.

In the morning, Wang Bao woke up with a still swollen face but he could open his eyes a little more. The loose tooth from Wang Bao's first beating felt on the verge of falling out of his face so Wang Bao painfully reached into the side of his mouth, pulling out the small bone before throwing it away. Never in his life had Wang Bao needed to have a tooth removed or any fillings, while laying on the blood bed with the thick layer of blankets on him, Wang Bao started wondering why it was him who had to be caught in all these situations. While he was lying in self pity, Raiai came back into the room through the new door in the wall, her face was slightly dirty from spending most of the night hunting worms, though Raia had done her best to clean it from her face since she remembered how uspet Wang Bao was when she got his clothes dirty.