Chapter Seventy Four

Time on the island felt much slower compared to everywhere else they had travelled. Wang Bao figured this was mainly thanks to his relaxed schedule. Most of his time was either spent walking around the small coastal town, looking at the stores or eating the local food. When he wasn't out of the house, Wang Bao liked to help Nera and Nakai in the garden. Thanks to their departure being a month away, Nera was able to start skimming the grass layer off of the front yard, and mark out where the pond would go. Wang Bao grew tired too easily to help with anything needing a lot of constant strength, but he was able to help trim the trees into bonsai, and map out the pond. After one week on the island, Wang Bao and Nakai needed to head back to the hospital for a check up. During the week, Wang Bao hadn't noticed much difference in his appearance, but he had been eating a lot more as well as needing to sit down more often. Had it not been for Nakai rubbing his belly every morning and night, then Wang Bao believed he would have forgotten he was pregnant.

When it came time to leave for their appointment, Wang Lei wanted to tag along as well. Unlike Nakai, who was walking on air at the very idea of becoming a father with Wang Bao, Wang Lei had turned into a ball of stress. There wasn't much information open to the public about male Giant pregnancies and births, and finding anything on male human pregnancies was practically impossible. Because he couldn't gather any information to guarantee his brother would be able to survive the pregnancy and birth, it left him anxious. Before Wang Lei could start putting on his shoes, Nakai was quick to stop him by saying it was a private appointment. As soon as Nera heard Nakai's cold rejection of Wang Lei's presence, he quickly held onto Wang Lei's balled up fist while saying calmly.

"I'm sure that if there is any news, Nakai will call us. Until then, let's just wait for them to come back."

Although reluctant, Wang lei agreed. Despite accepting the fact that he would need to be less involved in his brother's life, Wang Lei couldn't help but give Nakai an ice cold glare while opening the door. Nakai feigned ignorance since he was used to this behaviour while Wang Bao felt a little guilty. He had told Nakai last night while in bed that he didn' want the pregnancy to be a big deal, and that he wanted everyone to treat him normally, but when he saw how upset his brother was, he did regret not telling Wang Lei the same thing. Before stepping out of the house with Nakai, Wang Bao stopped beside Wang Lei and said softly.

"The doctor is only looking at the growth of the foetus, you won't be missing much Lei. If I can, I'll bring back copies of the scans and the studies Doctor Kanui kept referencing."

Wang Bao's comforting words helped Wang Lei feel a little better. Before telling Wang Bao to hurry and go for his appointment, Wang Lei gently ruffled his brother's hair with a soft smile. Even when they were younger, Wang Bao had always tried to comfort him, even if Wang Bao was the one that was more hurt. Seeing his younger brother unchanged in his most important traits made Wang Lei feel quite proud, but also grateful that such a hard life hadn't caused Wang Bao to become cold or bitter, especially towards him. After Wang Bao caught up with Nakai, Wang Lei continued to stand by the door, watching as the car drove down the long empty street. Even though they were in a good place, and Wang Bao had forgiven him for the bad he had done, Wang Lei knew that the guilt he carried with him would stay with him for the rest of his life.

Even when driving at a normal speed, it didn't take Nakai long to drive to the hospital. After being brought to a private room, Doctor Kanui walked in and greeted the couple warmly.

"Good afternoon, I'm glad to see you're ready for me, Mr Wang. My assistant passed on your request, and I brought some of the studies on male pregnancy within Giants, as well as an old, unfinished study I found on a human male pregnancy experiment. There isn't a lot of detail since the experiment was very illegal and happened a very long time ago, but it is information nonetheless and will help you better understand what will be happening to your body."