𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩

[ any reader ]

A forceful shove to his chest and Ethan lands on his back with a grunt, allowing the grinning vampire to hover over him. He fires the last of the ammunition in his gun, eliciting a giggle from the blonde.

"Your bullets cannot harm-"

Hearing a crack, her head twists to view the window that bursts into fragments. She instantly retreats into the corner and shields her face when the brisk air floods through the room.

"Ugh!" She growls as Ethan stands to reload his gun. "You stupid manthing!"

Having heard the commotion, you sprint into the entranceway. Your jaw drops when he fires a bullet, a little relief flowing through you when Bela easily dodges and takes a swing. He ducks under the sickle, taking another shot.

Calling her name to earn her attention, you feel a gloved hand grab your extended one. You fire a bullet into his thigh, pleased to witness him collapse in a moaning heap as he applies pressure to the new wound. His injury buying you enough time to lead Bela to somewhere safe.

"Are you okay? Bela?" You cup her pale cheek, scowling at the iciness of her skin.

"He was mine." She grits. "My prey. My kill. My hunt."

"You'll get him. He won't get very far on one leg. Let him come to you." She reluctantly nods. "You scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to lose you."

Her brows furrow. She'd been so focused on giving the mortal what he deserves when she should have taken you into consideration too.

"Sorry, little one." Her arm wraps around your shoulders and you lean into her. With her chin resting on the top of your head, she casts a glare in the direction of the room where Ethan still lays. Wounded and losing blood quicker than he'd like.

"I'll deal with him later. You come first."