𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖 - 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

[ any reader ]

First, you were angry. Furious even. You couldn't quite fathom how one person could fill you with so much joy, only to rip a black hole through your chest and leave you feeling empty. Like you're nothing.

It wasn't until you reflected on the ruins of your relationship when you realised that you deserved better. That's when the anger melted into something more. Both a literal and metaphorical flame was sparked to life not long after he walked away.

You bring the match so it's level with your twinkling eyes, almost hypnotised by the tear drop shaped flame standing tall and proud. Without hesitation you drop it to the ground. Orange spreads across the earth before engulfing the sleeping house, where the startled man's screams ring through the village.

You turn away with your cloak fluttering behind you, the hood hiding your bowed head as you disappear from the scene. Villagers stir from their slumbers and flee their homes, gasping when the flames stretch towards the night sky.

Miranda raises her chin slightly, the smell of charred wood invading her nose. Mouth pulled taught as if she were sucking on a lemon. The villagers who'd been summoned avoid her dangerous gaze.

"I demand to know who did this!" She bellows. The clueless crowd share looks with each other, lips murmuring, heads shaking and shoulders shrugging. Miranda's jaw clenches. "If the person responsible refuses to speak up, you will all face the consequences!"

You slip between the bodies huddled together in the brisk morning air, still gloomy with the sun not quite reaching above the mountain tops. Your gloved hands lightly push your hood back once you reach the front.

"I did."

Miranda's mouth snaps shut upon hearing your bold tone. Narrowed eyes scan you from head to toe. Gasps are heard amongst the others, you do your best to refrain from rolling your eyes at their childish antics when loud whispers follow.

"You." Miranda utters with venom.

"Me." You faintly sneer.

"But you are a nobody," she takes a step closer, her tone deceptively soft. "You were so quiet. So kind. No one dared to break my rules until you arrived. You've been causing trouble from the very beginning haven't you?"  She catches your light smirk. "That wasn't a compliment. Why did you do this?"

"Because the body in that house was once a lover of mine. Except the love I gave wasn't reciprocated. I was never a fan of one-sided relationships." Your eyes flicker, "they never seem to work out in the end."

"You think this is the appropriate response?"

"Oh this is only the beginning. Yesterday it was his body burning in the fire, next time it'll be yours."

Her smile fades. "Is that a threat?"

"Only those who are weaker than what they perceive themselves to be would consider something a threat." This time you're the one to give the once-over, causing her brow to arch when a look of disdain descends over your face. "In this case yes, I suppose it is a threat."

The corner of your mouth curls upwards while you pull your hood up, twirling around to disappear in the midst of the sea of bodies surrounding her. Every set of eyes shifts to her stony face.

You stand in the back of the old pickup truck with a hand on the rusty side for balance, clutching empty bottles with flames eating at the cloth poking from the necks. Your friend speeds through the village, glancing at you over his shoulder with a grin as you toss the bottles through windows and shatter them against houses.

He takes a sharp turn and whips the vehicle across the mud and through murky puddles, coming to a stop. You jump down with your arms raised, beaming with pride when curious villagers gather close by.

"Listen to my words!" You shout clearly for everyone to hear. "Miranda is no god. She is not all powerful. She is tricking you; playing you. Preying on your weaknesses and your desires, turning you against your own beliefs so you have no choice but to stay here under her thumb."

You pace back and forth, looking the shocked villagers in the eye. Parents tighten their grips on their children's hands at the thought of Miranda being a lie.

"She is controlling you. Using you. Because without us she is nothing. Without us she is no one! I'm not causing trouble, I'm starting a Revolution. Who's with me?!"

The crowds roar and throw their fists above their heads, a smile pulling on your lips. "First we bring the village to its knees. Then we bring Miranda to hers!"

They howl in response to your exclamation, dispersing to break through walls of homes and destroy whatever is left standing. You pat your friend's shoulder with the back of your hand, earning a nod from him as he passes you more bottles. You bring the flame to the cloths, throwing some through windows while handing others out to passing villagers.

The sight of pure chaos brings a smirk to your face and a venomous scowl to Miranda's as she perches on the edge of a mountain. You watch as feathery wings spring free to carry her down, feet planting in the midst of the unfolding chaos. Blazing eyes fixated on you.

"You." She seethes.

"Me." You smile innocently.

Scorching heat kisses at your exposed skin as raging flames engulf your bodies, swallowing you up like a starved predator devouring its prey.