𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝙭 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨 - 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭

[ female reader ]

Then

Soft metal clinks fill the space in the back of the van, your restrained hands clasped together and elbows resting comfortably on your thighs. Cool eyes revert from the links tethered at your ankles to the armed man on the opposite bench.

Static fizzles through the radios. Voices raised and gunfire drowned out by the line being killed. The officer slides along the seat to converse with the driver and passenger. One single word is whispered between them that has you smirking, unbeknownst to them. Always oblivious to the finer details.

A heavy clunk and the officer's head snaps to the side to inspect the chains sprawled by your feet. You grab the edge of the bench and connect your foot to his jaw, his head bouncing off the wall. The gun is snatched from gloved hands and brought to his face before aimed ahead and fired twice. Blood splatters across the windscreen, the driver slumped over the wheel.

Bulletproof vehicles swerve along the road either side of the speeding van, attaching devices either side to bring it to a peaceful halt. Silhouettes swing the doors open for you to jump out, inhaling the fresh air, glancing over the bodies that litter the quiet road and ruined transportation trucks.

Bela is pacing the perimeter of her private cell when the back wall crumbles to pieces with a deafening boom. She squints from the blinding sunlight bleeding into the secluded room, watching figures emerge from dust clouds through the gaps between her fingers. The dozen guards on duty are gunned down in an instant and the scanner by the door is crushed. Fists rap against it on the other side.

Bela stands back whilst the door to her cell is cut and broken free. A masked person stepping inside to remove the uncomfortable collar from her neck. An inward smile in response to the tattoo on the inside of their wrist. The team lead her through the rubble to the helicopter waiting outside.

"Hello again, angel."

She takes your hand, your other cupping her jaw to steal a loving kiss. Your team climb aboard the aircraft but keep their guns raised, a close eye remaining on the compound as they ascend into the clear blue sky. A missile is launched at the structure, roaring flames greedily swallowing it whole.

Your head tips back, both you and your witch reeling with maniacal laughter.

Now

Chris removes the night vision lenses with a slight huff, relying on the dim moonlight poking through drains to illuminate his path, navigating his way through the underground tunnels with little feedback from his squad.

Static drowns their voices. Distorted words managing to pass through. "Hello?" He checks his earpiece. "Can anybody hear me? Alpha speaking." Red flag. Droplets adding to murky puddles cease to fall. Red flag. It's too quiet all of a sudden. Not even a murmur from above ground. Not a footstep from another soldier in a joint tunnel.

He turns with lightning speed, gun cocked and ready to fire. Careful eyes search the shadows. His gut warns him to check his six, picking up on the gun being raised behind before his ears do. First his head turns then his body follows. Yet something prevents him from pulling the trigger. His mouth is dry when their hand moves into the light.