𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘵𝘰𝘹𝘪𝘤

[ female reader ]
[ tw; emotional manipulation ]

Your laughter brings a smile to your best friend's pale face, a hand finding itself on her arm like it always does when she cracks a lighthearted joke. Daniela chuckles too and finishes her drink. Your finger pushes a strand of hair away from your forehead, clearing your view of the busy tavern and the witch to your right.

"Alright," Bobby gulps the last of his drink and causes a clink when the glass is settled back on the table, "I think it's time we left, don't you?" His hand slithers along your neck to your shoulder. You miss the way Daniela twists her mouth and looks elsewhere, her mood dampened.

"I will see you later." You take his hand and lace your fingers together. "Will you be alright getting home?" As the words leave your lips her sisters make an appearance, buzzing with energy and grinning widely.

"Don't worry about me." Daniela wrinkles her nose. The girls wave and blow kisses to you on your way out. Usually the short journey home is filled with random conversations, most of them dropped to digress to another story that pops up in your head, but tonight is different.

When he locks the door behind you both you decide to question him. "Are you alright? You're quiet."

"I'm just tired."

"Oh. Of course, you've been working out in the fields all day. How about we call it a night?" He nods in agreement. You begin to change into your pyjamas while he kicks off his boots, watching you through his lashes.

"What's her deal? The redhead?"

"Daniela?" He hums in confirmation. "What do you mean?"

"Does she openly flirt with everyone she meets or does she only do that with certain people?"

"Oh," he inwardly despises the chuckle you give, "that's just her personality. She's bubbly and cheeky. You know that."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it."

The grumbled response has you folding your arms and squinting, reading his tense body like a book left cracked open. "Okay, so there is something. What's the problem? I thought you liked her."

"I do."

"But..."

"You don't like it when people flirt with me, I don't like it when people flirt with you. It's a two-way street."

"I said I don't like it when the woman you work with flirts with you because she has a bad reputation. She has a history of cheating, it's marred her image."

"Her name is Lana."

"I know her name." You bite back.

"Don't take that tone with me."

"Sorry."

"Are you?" His hands are on his hips now, head dipped forwards to stare you down. "You know how I feel about people shamelessly hitting on you."

"Daniela wasn't hitting on me."

"Sure as hell looked like it."