𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵

[ any reader ]

"No where left to run, Ethan!" You bellow with outstretched arms once he reaches a dead end. "Just you and me. I've been waiting for this."

He surveys the considerable drop behind you. "Me too." Ethan raises his gun and pulls the trigger without a second thought. You tense from the gunshots, witnessing a sheet of metal stand between you.

Each bullet leaving a new dent in the thin material. You make the mistake in turning to view Heisenberg whose face is hard as stone. His eyes becoming round when the metal is shoved aside and rough hands are pushing against your shoulders.

Feeling your foot slipping off the edge, a scream carries through the factory as you topple over the side, plummeting towards the heaps of shrapnel below. Odd fragments, broken poles and wires protruding from the piles.

Heisenberg growls, willing a new piece of metal to lift from the mountain beneath you to catch your body with. The air escapes your lungs when your back greets the hard surface, a cough racking your torso.

Jaw clenched, he forces a pole through Ethan's chest, impaling him and pinning him to the wall. The gun clatters by his feet while blood oozes down his stomach.

"Karl!" You screech when the metal tips and you slide off, dropping into the man's arms. He smoothly places you back on your feet, firmly holding your waist to keep you balanced as you catch your breath. His chest firm under your hands.

"I had him."

"Sure you did," he lightly smiles.

"Thanks, for catching me."

"I'll always catch you."

Lowering your head to hide your blushing cheeks, you glimpse the human taking his last breath behind you. "Could we maybe go somewhere where there isn't like a fifty foot drop?"

"This way."

While he steps aside to guide you, despite you knowing this place like the back of your hand, he still keeps an arm around you. A vice-like grip on your waist, like he's afraid to let go. Not that you're complaining.

"Minus the near-death experience, was I a little bad ass at least?"

"You always are," he rasps.