𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺

[ any reader ]

Bringing the bottle back to your lips, you tip your head back and gulp the last of the alcohol. Your steps through the field becoming less steady as your head sways.

Squinting at the blurred horizon, the bottle flies from your hand when a growl sounds from your left. You look the lycan up and down.

"After—evening sir." You salute before toppling over with a thud. "I'm just gonna...lie here for..." your arm drops onto the grass. The lycan cocks it's head to the side. It steps closer, sniffing.

"Jeez, another one?" Karl grumbles upon leaving his factory for more scrap metal. "Get outta here." He waves his hand. The lycan scurries away. He crushes the cigar beneath his boot while checking you over, glimpsing the empty bottle a few feet away.

"Suppose I'll be kind." He hoists you over his shoulder, carrying you inside.

When you awaken hours later, you scrunch your face and lift your head from the pillows. The metal clangs not doing much to soothe your thumping head, but encouraging you to rise from the bed to investigate the source of the bangs and whirring.

As you open the door and exit the bedroom, you wander around a little. Pipes cough out clouds of steam that rise through the humid air, your eyes seeming to linger on the rows of dormant soldats being carted around.

You follow the radio playing in the background, stopping when you find the shirtless Lord tinkering away on his newest robot. He extends an arm, willing a wrench to land in his open hand. Your gaze seems to bounce between his glistening back and the hand that runs through his silvery hair.

You flinch from a small explosion in the distance, hearing the profanities blurted in German and the clink of the wrench being tossed onto the table. You turn to view the blueprints and sketches pinned to the wall, frowning at the labels and measurements scribbled over them.

"You're awake." You tense and face the man who is now leant against the table, seeming calmer than a few seconds ago.

"Yeah," you scratch the back of your head, "um, where exactly am I?"

"My factory. I thought I'd be kind by bringing you inside. Found you passed out in the field."

"I was? That's embarrassing." You run your hands over your face. "I'm not—I'm not an alcoholic, I swear. I don't usually drink—I don't ever drink, in fact. I recently lost—I lost my family. They all died when the village was overrun...it got messy. I guess I wasn't ready to be alone."

"Sorry to hear that. I'm on my own out here too. These guys are all I have." He motions to the robots.

"You built all of these? Why?"

"It's a long story."

"I like stories."

He smiles at that. "Karl Heisenberg."

"[Y/n] [L/n]."