𝘼𝙡𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

[ any reader ]

Snow crunches beneath your boots, transparent clouds passing chattering teeth. It wasn't this cold trekking into the village yet leaving is so much worse despite the layers shielding your body. Gloved hands are stuffed in coat pockets, still numb and red raw, fingers beginning to ache.

"Maybe we should find some place to stay for the night. We've still got so far to walk." Aaron halts momentarily to assess the path ahead. Naked trees creak in the baltic winds sweeping over the village, few birds squeaking as they huddle together within nests.

"Where? The village is back that way. All I can see is fog and trees." You squint, hoping the dim moonlight will guide you. Nothing but shadows and bouncing branches. The howls of hungry lycans have already begun to fill the silence.

"I don't know. We'll find something. Just a little further."

You nod and take a step. The pair of you frown in sync when the white blanket under your feet trembles, your hand reaching out for his arm. He curses but it's swallowed by the snow tumbling down the slope to your left. Rocks crack and cascade through the bleak wall crumbling down the hill towards you both.

Aaron bellows your name. It falls on deaf ears so he grabs the sleeve of your coat and pulls you into him. Your foot slips. He tries to catch your flailing hands but you slip through his fingers. The floor below you caves in. Not a single noise escapes your throat as you suddenly drop, disappearing from sight.

"[Y/n]!" He cautiously lowers to his hands and knees. Once the air clears he finds you dangling, barely clinging to a jagged rock protruding from the edge. "Take my hand!"

"I can't. I can't Iー I'll fall if I try." Your voice wobbles, tears burning your eyes. "I'm slipping. Aaron. Help me. Please do something. Aaron!"

He's frozen. Staring down at you with wide eyes and an open mouth and you know that look on his pale face. It's malice. He wore the same expression that time he pranked you when you were creeping up to the age of five, your parents were furious at the mess he made. The mess you took the blame for simply because you couldn't defend yourself.

Your jaw drops with a broken gasp when the rock you're holding onto threatens to break away. You're both watching the thick cracks split eagerly through the slate grey.

"Aaron." You plead.

"I'm sorry."

"No, Aaron please. Aaron! Pleー"

As the rocks give way your grasp slips. Weightless. As if you're floating through the clouds. Instead you're plummeting further and further into the abyss, further away from the image of him kneeling over the edge. Your arms are stretched outー like he'll somehow swoop down and save you.

Shrill screams echo for miles. Until the mass of dead trees break your fall and you crash through the branches, twigs snapping and bones crunching. Your body slams into an icy bank and rolls off the edge. You can barely keep your eyes open as everything spirals.

The cruel icy air nips at your open cuts. It stings. It's merciless. You land in thick snow at the bottom. The impact jolts your head back, the sound causing startled birds to flee the nearby trees. Red sticks to your skin, eyes glued shut.