𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘭𝘺𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 .𝟐

[ any reader ]

"Karl!" You yell over strings of huffs and growls. His teeth snap together while claws dig into rocks to whisk you along the side of the mountain. "Karl put me down!" Fragments of rock are chipped off the face of the cliffs, prompting you to bury your head in his chest for protection.

The movements finally cease once he reaches the opening to a secluded cave high up in the mountains. It takes you a moment to realise that you're being placed on your feet carefully and checked for injuries, though when you eventually come to your senses you rush to the edge with staggered breaths.

"No." You hold onto the jagged wall to peer at the village down below. "You have to take me back. Take me back this instance."

"No." He growls.

"I can't leave them!" You whirl around when gunshots ring through the night. "Those are my parents. It's not safe for them out there." Raised voices echo in the distance above the horrid gunfire.

"Your father seemed more than capable of protecting himself." Karl answers gruffly. Your mouth opens and closes, forming a straight line.

"Fine. If you refuse, I'll do it myself."

He watches you through hooded eyes as you make your way to the edge and scope the entrance. A foot is wearily placed on the outside ledge, raising above it when it trembles under the slightest bit of weight. You lower your foot again until a firm hand wraps around your bicep to pull you back inside.

"What do you think you're doing?" He towers over you, voice low and rough.

"You refuse to help me. I refuse to stand by while your pack runs through my village."

He refrains from growling at your choice of words. "My pack know better than to harm innocent civilians."

You fold your arms over your chest. "They almost mauled me to death until you swooped in and saved my life." He grumbles and turns his back, preoccupying himself by working on creating a fire. "What about the lycans that aren't a part of your pack?"

"They'll be dealt with."

Warm orange floods through the cave, illuminating the claw marks engraved on the walls and floor. Your gaze drops to the hand that he removes from his side. You gasp, appearing beside him in seconds.

"You're bleeding."

"It's nothing."

"Oh my godーhe shot youーmy father shot you. Wait what are you doing?" Your voice quivers. He nonchalantly prods at the wound to fish out the stained bullet, dropping it by his feet. "You need to apply pressure otherwise you'll lose bloodーmore than you already have. I can find something for it I justー"

"I said it's nothing." He cuts in. You flinch and retract your shaky hands, biting your tongue when he drapes the loose white shirt over his torso. You turn away from the stubborn man to stare at the village. It's different now. Oddly peaceful now that the gunfire has ceased and the harsh growls are no more.

Karl asks something but you purposely block him out. He sighs inaudibly, approaching you with cautious steps. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout or push you away, I'm just used to taking care of myself when I get hurt, 's all."