𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵

[ any reader ]

"Hey," he stumbles through the door and knocks your candle off the table. "Oh shit." He lowers his sunglasses to peer at you curled up in bed, hearing a whine.

"Wake up. Hey-sexy wake up. C'mon. Open your pr-pretty eyes." He flicks on the lamp and you squint. "Acknowledge me."

"Karl." You groan. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh you're awake! Hey baby."

"What are you-Karl for god sake." You sigh when he jumps and flops on the edge of the bed, shaking your legs. "What time is it?"

"I don't know, three?"

"Seriously?"

"Sh, it's fine. I have something for you."

"This couldn't have waited until the morning?"

"It is the morning."

"Then you couldn't have waited until I wasn't sleeping?"

"No."

You sigh and sit upright, rubbing your eyes. "What?"

"I made you something." His hand drops to your thigh. "Because it's your birthday."

"My birthday is tomorrow."

"It is? Fuck. I never know what fuckin' day it is round here."

"Have you been drinking?"

"Yes. Anyway, early birthday present it is. Come on. Come," he grabs your hand and leads you to the door. You're not given time to protest as he drags you through the factory and into a quiet room.

"What's under the sheet?"

"Go see."

"I don't know if I want to."

"It's your present."

"If something lunges at me I'll kill you."

"Wouldn't be a bad way to go." He tips an empty bottle upside down, frowning and tossing it into the wall. You send him a glance and he waves his hand through the air, inspecting another half empty bottle and gulping a mouthful.

You remove the sheet to reveal the dormant soldat in the chair. The restraints left undone and many, many blades welded into the arm sockets.

"You made me a robot?"

"For protection." He drapes his heavy arm around your shoulders, putting most of his weight on you. "I don't like you going around that shitty village on your own."

"Even though I can protect myself."

"Yes, yes. But now you have him. This one's got so many tricks up his sleeve, oho." He passes you the bottle to bring it to life. You place the alcohol aside, brows scrunched as it stands.

"Isn't it a beauty?"

"It's something." You nod.

"You have a name for your new friend?"

"I need a name?"

"Why not?" He shrugs. "Not fluffy," he points. "You called the last one fluffy and look where he ended up. Poor guy. Was sad to see him go like that."

"You surrounded him with mines, what did you think would happen?"

"I was practising." He defends. You step closer to the robot and it peers down at you, taking in your appearance. You reach out but retract your hand.

"I don't wanna touch him because of all the blades, I'm gonna cut myself you know how clumsy I am. But yes I will begin looking at names."

"You don't like it do you? It was a shit idea."

"No no," you run your hands up his chest. "I love it, I'm just a little speechless that's all. Thank you for this. Maybe now you'll be less worried when I'm not by your side?" He nods. "Then it wasn't a bad idea at all."

"Just wanna keep you safe, you know?" He mumbles, perching on the edge of the seat.

"You've kept me safe, you always do. Now I have my own robot? That's pretty cool." You grin. "Won't make the villagers any less terrified of us but at least I'll be looked after."

"Screw 'em." He lightly grips the backs of your thighs. You drape your arms around his shoulders, craning your head back to get a good look at the soldat up close.

"Why don't you show me what he can do? I'm seeing something that resembles a flamethrower over here so I'm both intrigued and nervous."

"Oh I went all out for this one."

"I bet you did." You chuckle and take his place on the chair, swinging your legs back and forth.