𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙤 - 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦

[ any reader ]

You lay beside Donna and Angie with an arm supporting your head, your eyes closed to rest them as you bask in the peacefulness. For once, the house is quiet. Not silent, but quiet enough for you to relax.

"I wanna start a fire!" Angie suddenly blurts.

You flinch awake and roll off the edge of the bed, hitting the floorboards with a thump and a groan. You scrunch your face and rub your head. While Donna sits up to check on you, Angie scrambles under the bed and races out of the bedroom.

"I hit my head twice." You rub the side of it. "I don't even know how that's possible. Once is bad enough." You sit on the edge, feeling a hand on your back. "I'm okay." Her hand raises to your shoulder.

"Fire!" Angie cackles like a witch, sprinting past the doorway with a lit match in her tiny hand.

"No—Angie!"

"Are you sure this is the way?" You ask again.

"Stop being a baby!" Angie replies.

"I can't see anything!" She stops tugging your leg, indicating for you to stop. Fortunately your hand pats the edge of the wall before you can bump into it.

"I got bored." Angie informs.

"Who are you talking to? Is Donna here?" You spin around. "I really don't think two veils was necessary I really can't see a thi—oh, hi there Donna. I really hope this is your shoulder I'm feeling."

The woman herself gently lifts the veils to reveal your face. You break into a smile.

"Angie stole your veils."

"Hey!" She folds her arms.

"Like I'd lie to Donna."

"Snitch."

"Hey, Karl." You smile and step aside to let him inside. "Donna should be back any minute." He hums as you shut the door to keep out the brisk air.

"How's my sister treatin' you?"

"Well."

"You chose the good one."

"Oh shut up," you chuckle as he sets his hammer against the wall. "I happen to like it here very much."

"I prefer my factory." He glances around as if inspecting the place like this is his first time seeing it.

Angie leaps off the banister and grabs onto the ceiling light, flying out of nowhere and dropping onto his face. He growls and tugs her away, holding the grinning doll upside down by her leg. You take her from him, letting her make herself comfortable in your arms.

"This is why. There's no psychotic freaky dolls running around my factory."

"Wanna fight tough guy?"

"Bitch I could wear you like a necklace."

"I wouldn't challenge her if I were you." You tighten an arm around her when she begins to pull away.

"Let her come at me, freaky troll doll." He scoffs when she swats his hand away from her sour face. "Ever heard of Annabelle?"

"You mean my competition?" She looks him dead in the eye. "She's got nothing on me and my friends."

"For once we can agree on something."

The door finally creaks open as Donna returns from another family meeting. You close your book and place it on the nightstand offering a soft smile, but you quickly frown.

Despite the veil and her usual silence, you can tell something has upset her. During your time here you've gotten rather good at reading her body language. Who needs verbal responses and facial expressions?

"Need a hug?"

She glimpses your open arms and caves within seconds. After removing her veil, because she feels comfortable around you enough to do so, she makes her way over to the bed and slowly lays beside you. She sighs contentedly once your arms are curled around her.

You squeeze her tightly, but not too tightly, just enough for her to feel your warmth and enjoy your presence without feeling confined. She relaxes into your embrace, allowing herself to almost fall sleep until footsteps patter into the room.

Small grunts fill the silence as Angie climbs up onto the bed and plops herself right in the middle of you both. You raise your arm a little as she wiggles to make herself snug in the small space, waiting for the movements to cease before settling back down.

You kiss the top of her head and then Donna's, bringing a light blush to her soft cheeks. If Angie could blush, she would've.