𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥

[ any reader ]

Yelling. Nothing but back and forth, repetitive yelling between the group. You almost miss the irritating hum of the light above your heads, dead flies trapped behind the plastic casing. You tip your head back to rest it against the concrete wall.

"Okay stop this is getting us nowhere!" Ivan shouts over everyone. "The arguments, the accusations, this is doing nothing to help us solve this. There is a killer on the loose and we need to work together to figure it out." He wears an unsure frown, one arm crossed over his stomach and his free hand curled against his collarbones.

"Typically the average person walks past at least thirty six murderers in their lifetime." Nora informs with her head held low. "Although the number varies depending on the news article."

"And this is relevant because?" Naomi trails off.

"Statistically speaking, one could be in here with us." She shrugs.

"That's ridiculous."

Riley scoffs. "You're saying one of us could be the killer? Are you insane?"

"I haven't yet been diagnosed but I often display common symptoms according to the internet... And my therapist." Nora avoids eye contact while the spotlight hones in on her.

"Shocking." Naomi rolls her eyes.

"Why don't we all take a breath." Ivan holds his hands up. "Let's all just calm down so we can figure this whole thing out. What if we lay out everything we know on the table."

Samantha scratches her head. "Whoever the killer is, they have to be local, they most likely live here. The guys who attacked us did."

"The killer most likely knows us. In some strange way it feels like they're protecting us. Sounds kind of insane I know," Leah says, "but they killed the men who hurt us. I don't know. It makes sense in my head."

"That's the common denominator." Nora nods. "Those men targeted us and they died for it. It's the only thing that links us together."

"That and the fact that we're one big therapy group," Maya softly adds.

Corinne thoughtfully nibbles on her bottom lip. "What if... What if we know the killer? It sounds better than we don't know them but they know us, that's just creepy."

"This whole thing is creepy." Leah returns.

"The killings happened in a pattern." Samantha steps into the middle of the circle. "Yeah. [Y/n] was targeted first, five months later the guy was found dead in the street. Corinne and Riley were targeted outside the club two months after. Four weeks later the guy was found dead in the restroom of the same club. Then it was me." She swallows. "And he died two months later."

"Holy shit." Riley mutters.

"Naomi, you were attacked on your way to your car. That guy was ran over outside his home six weeks later. Leah was attacked on her way home from the gym. That guy died from suffocation five weeks after. Nora and Maya were attacked six days apart, and the guys who went after them were found in the lake with bags tied around their heads and rocks in their pockets."