𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

As instructed, the Lords wander into the chapel and take up the vacant spots on either pews or wooden chairs, engaged in light conversation while they await for the one who called the meeting.

"Wonderful to see you this morning." Miranda appears in the centre, smiling warmly. "I understand you all have business to be taking care of so I will make this quick."

Their curious eyes travel to the corner where you emerge from, hands behind your straight back and shoulders kept broad. You stand beside the blonde who marvels at the sight of you even now.

"This is [Y/n]. She will be my eyes and ears inside the village. As some of you have witnessed, the humans grow more restless with each passing day, some going as far as breaking the rules. That is why [Y/n] here will be the perfect candidate to rebuke them, so to speak."

Moreau raises his hand, only speaking when Miranda gives him a nod of her head. "So if one of the humans were to misbehave, she would deal with them?" He frowns, struggling to find the correct words.

"Precisely."

"So you got another minion to do your dirty work?" Karl rasps, bringing the cigar back to his scarred lips. Miranda's gaze narrows on the stubborn man with his boots kicked up on the dusty table.

Your head tilts. "I am no minion. I am a person, just like you."

"Huh," he scoffs. "I ain't no person anymore, darlin'. Not anymore. Nothin' in this place stays human for long."

"Stop being cynical." Miranda interrupts. "And you can stop being a pessimist too. With her help, things will change for the better. Traitors will be removed, faith will be restored."

Feeling a pair of eyes fixated on you, you spare a glance towards Alcina and her daughters to find Cassandra unable to look away. At least until you look directly at her which prompts the witch to hold her breath, head swiftly becoming inclined.

To kill some time until you are back on duty for the night, though you are never truly not working, you decide to train in the falling snow. Unfazed by the snowflakes melting through your thin, long sleeved shirt and combat trousers to kiss your skin. Conveniently positioned not too far from the castle.

Bela stands beside her smitten sister with a slight smirk. "Why don't you go talk to her?"

"Yeah, right." She scoffs.

"Alright, continue gawking from a distance. Like that isn't creepy."

"Bela," she sighs.

"She probably knows you stare. Might as well introduce yourself properly. I can tell this is becoming more than a crush, as humans like to call it. Strange little creatures they are."

"I will do no such thing."

"You're terrified." She murmurs with amusement. "She intimidates you doesn't she?"

"No."

"Oh that sounded awfully convincing."