𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵

[ any reader ]

"How much further?" You query. The door slams shut behind you, the bang earning a glance from your curious self. A cautious glimpse is thrown round the edge before you turn the corner.

"Not much further. I have a friend who's been helping us out behind the scenes, we're heading there now."

You stand still to frown at Ethan. "Excuse me?" When he notices you've stopped following he retraces his steps to join you.

"Yeah, he's been pulling a few strings to help us along."

"What strings have been pulled exactly?" You remove a hand to place it on your hip, tucking your gun back underneath your waistband.

"Well...notice how not all of the lycans back there attacked us?"

You blink. "Alright, I'm going to put this discussion down to your depleting sanity because if you think we have only survived this long based on the fact that not all of the lycans tried to maul us to death, I might just hand myself over to them right now."

"I don't know exactly what he's been doing but I just need you to trust me, okay?"

"You I trust. A stranger I do not." You cross your arms over your chest. He sighs heavily. "Where is this mystery man anyway?"

"Through here." He nods his head to the side as a signal for you to follow. Each passageway appears almost identical to the last: low ceilings and narrow paths, uneven walls that cage you in, cracks in the crumbling stones that cough out dust clouds.

"I'm being serious, Ethan, this place feels familiar to me."

"I just need you to remain sane for a little longer."

"Not funny."

"In here." He pulls the lever down and the door swings open with a metallic groan. The man on the other side stands with a cigar captured between parted lips. Sunglasses are quickly removed by a leather-clad hand, piercing yellow eyes sweeping over your face.

"Oh hell no." You blurt in shock.

"You've gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me."

"You know each other?"

"Know each other." You scoff incredulously. "Where do I even begin?"

"Get the hell out right now."

"Get lost, Karl."

"I'mーhow do you know him?"

"He's my idiot brother." You spit. "I thought I got rid of you years ago."

"Believe me, that delightful thought was mutual."

"I don't understand. How are you related to one another? Your name is Kamber." He casts an anxious look to your brother when he scoffs. "[Y/n] Kamber."

"Wow, you changed your name?" Karl displays his thinning temper through a smirk. "You really that ashamed of me?"

"So your name is [Y/n] Heisenberg?" Ethan frowns deeply.