𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴

[ any reader ]

"When are you going to admit that you like [Y/n]?" Asks Bela. "It's as clear as day. Daniela can see it too."

"I have very high standards. I would never dare anyone clu—'

You stroll into their line of sight, nodding your head along to your music when you trip over your own feet and land with a thud. "Shit. Crap. Oh—" you push yourself up and brush yourself off. "Hello. Didn't see you there."

Bela folds her arms, arching a brow at her sister. Cassandra's forehead scrunches as you check the reddened skin on your elbow, pouting slightly.

"I want that one."

You hurriedly descend the staircase with your hand skimming along the banister, your eyes landing on Cassandra who stands at the bottom talking to Daniela. They nod and part ways but your gaze follows her.

As you lower your foot it slips off the edge of the bottom step, your body beginning to tip backwards until a pair of arms wrap around you. You feel yourself being dipped down and blink up at Cassandra, blushing furiously at the romantic position.

"Oh I—thank you."

She brings you upright with your chest against her front, giving you a nod while clearing her throat.

You hum away to yourself while placing the vase on the table, smiling at your work. Alcina once mentioned how much she admired your talent for floristry, and her words immediately found a home in your heart.

Since then you've been arranging vases of flowers and dotting them around the castle. They never fail to put a smile on her face when she passes them, finding their scents and colours delightful.

Cassandra peers over your shoulder, taking you by surprise when she speaks. "Looking good, sweetheart."

"Oh," you blush. "Thank you. Would you like one?" She gives you a smile and you pick out a bright yellow flower, tucking the stem above her ear. "Cute." You beam up at her, unaware of the butterflies in her stomach.

You look up from your book when Cassandra strides into the room, catching your eye and earning your attention instantly.

"Your dress looks nice."

"I always wear this."

"You always look nice." You shrug.

"Oh." She turns away, at a loss on what to do with her hands.

"You're so clumsy." Cassandra mutters, kissing the bruise on your knee. "You really should be more careful, doll."

"I try." She tilts her chin up to meet your gaze, smiling softly. "I could get lost in your eyes, you know." The words tumble from your lips before you realise.

"You could most likely get lost walking in a straight line but thank you, pretty." She stands up straight, beginning to head through the door.

You impulsively rise to your feet a little quicker than intended, too focused on wanting to follow her to notice the corner of the rug is flipped up. She pauses in the doorway upon hearing a thump.

"Did you just trip over again?"

She turns as you quickly stand up, twiddling your thumbs with a slightly dazed but innocent face. A frown soon washes over you as you rub the spot on your forehead where it bumped against the floor.

Her brows upturn as she sighs. "And to think you have my heart."

"What?" You squint up at her, worried you hit your head a little too hard and are hearing things.

"Nothing. Come." This time she keeps an eye on you as you make your way over, prepared to catch you should you trip over your own feet again.

You bite your lip and sneak up behind the vampire, knowing she is already aware of your presence. Your hands travel along her shoulders and you lean down so your lips are by her ear. She cocks a brow in anticipation.

"Dirt. Mud."

"Um...what are you doing, pet?"

"Dirty talk." You grin like a child.

"I hate you."