𝘼𝙡𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺

[ any reader ]

For a brief moment you pause to catch your breath, your eyes snapping open when you hear a low grunt.

"You dare challenge me?!"

"Oh shi—"

You push away from the wall and turn the next corner you arrive at, grabbing onto a maid after bumping into her.

"Do you know any good hiding spots around here?" She stammers after hearing the Lord bellowing again. "I'm kinda in a rush here. Big tall lady chasing after me and I have no idea why."

"There's nowhere for you to hide," she shakes her head, clearly wishing she could've provided you with a better answer.

You rush away as the lady herself turns the corner, rolling her eyes. "Out of my way, Marie."

You take a left, trying the only door at the end of the corridor. Locked. "Just my luck." You sigh, pausing with a wince when the footsteps come to a stop behind you.

"There you are." She grabs your wrist and turns you around to face her. The two of you freezing. "You're not Ethan Winters."

"No?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm [Y/n]."

"Is there a reason for you being here?"

"I got lost? It's like a maze round here."

"If you're not guilty why did you run?"

"Are you really asking me that? Have you seen yourself why wouldn't I run?" She frowns down at herself. "You're gorgeous don't get me wrong, I mean wow in this light you, you look angelic," she almost smiles, "almost like God really just took his time with you." You clear your throat. "What was I saying?"

She opens her mouth but you accidentally interrupt. "Oh yeah—you're slightly intimidating. Especially with the—with those things yep, okay." You tilt your head away from the claws. She retracts them and releases her hold on you. "So, have you always been this tall?"

"No."

"Well you look amazing. Everyone else around here tall too or is it just your thing?"

"I suppose my daughters are gifted too."

"Your daughters," you echo, "are they here? Could I meet them?"

"You have no business being here."

"No, you're right I don't. I should leave," you nod and look around. Lightly balling your fist by your head you lean closer and lower your voice, "I don't know the way out."

"I suppose I can show you."

"That would be great, thank you."

You walk alongside her with pursed lips, curiously eyeing every painting and piece of decor.

"Your home is lovely."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask why you want this Ethan?"

"You can ask but I will not answer."

"That's fair I technically am trespassing."

"You're not like the other humans."

You pause with your hand in your hair. "Is that a good thing?" Before she can consider answering, a flurry of soft voices greet you.

"Evening, Mother."

"Did you bring us another gift?"

"Mm a new pet?"

"You must be the daughters," you smile awkwardly. A maid stands close by and you lean closer to whisper, "should I be scared or turned on right now?"

"Both?" She whispers back.

"Already there."

"Now girls I was just showing [Y/n] the way out. I'll be with you in a moment."

"[Y/n] huh?"

"Such a pretty name."

"Such a cute little thing."

"I don't uh..."

"Alright girls as amusing as this is, do stop scaring the human."

"I think the human has feelings." Bela giggles before following her sisters upstairs.

"Wha—I do not!" Alcina stares down at you and you scratch the back of your head. "So this is the way out? I'll be on my way."

You open the door to the blizzard outside, brows scrunching together. To save yourself from embarrassment you build up the courage and bring a foot over the threshold when a hand settles on your shoulder.

"Perhaps you should wait it out. Just until the storm passes."

"Good idea." You're already pushing the door shut. "So uh," you rest a hand against it with the other on your hip, "I don't recall catching your name."

"You humans are so confusing."

"I know. Nice to meet you, miss..."

She caves when you smile hopefully. "Lady Dimitrescu."

"Royalty." You quirk a brow and kiss the back of her hand. She chuckles under her breath. "So, what do you do for fun round here?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Positive." She motions for you to follow and you happily do. "You know, there's benefits to holding hands."

"There is?"

"Oh yeah. Boosts your mood, extends your life, fills the empty void where your heart should be, increases serotonin, all that stuff."

"You humans are terrible liars too." Your shoulders droop. "Though I could do with that void being filled." Your eyes light up when she takes your hand in hers.