𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵

[ any reader ]

You stand before the mirror, scrutinising every inch of your appearance. You'd made an effort to dress similar to the sisters, hoping that the blonde will finally notice you. That she'll look at you differently. Maybe even look at you the way you look at her.

Taking one last longing glance in the mirror, you leave the room and head through the castle, following the string of giggles. Peering round the corner, you find Bela digging her teeth into a human's neck. Your shoulders sag in defeat.

Ever since they found Arlo, the girls have been all over him. Cassandra and Daniela still give you most of their attention, which you've been grateful for, but Bela has been distant recently. More so than usual, which is strange for her.

You just wish the feelings would be reciprocated but why would they? You're just an ordinary human.

"Hey [Y/n]," Cassandra chirps.

"Mm," Daniela dances her fingertips along your shoulder, "looking delicious today."

"Smell delicious too."

"Thanks," you blush under their stares. "I wanted to look nice. Hope you don't mind me borrowing a few of your things." You gesture to the jewellery.

"Borrow whatever you'd like," Cassandra shrugs a shoulder. "Looks good on you, doll."

"Agreed." Daniela practically moans. "Come, we want to spend some time with you before Mother returns." She takes a seat and pulls you onto her lap.

Cassandra, being the clingy vampire she is, takes your hand, pretending to admire your rings though in reality, she just wants to touch you. Not that you mind of course.

Even though both vampires are giving you their undivided attention, your gaze wanders back to the blonde who pulls away from Arlo with a satisfied grin. Crimson painting her mouth and chin.

She finally lays her hungry eyes on you from across the room, taking in your new appearance with, what you depict to be, lust etching onto her face.

She subtly scowls at the way you're cuddled up to the girls. Sat comfortably on her sister's lap, with her arms around you and her fingers brushing your hair away to expose your neck.

Her nose brushes against your jaw and you find yourself instinctively tilting your head to give her more access, still locked in a heated stare with the blonde. Bela suppresses a growl, turning her focus back to the hazy human to her left.

"Don't worry, you taste better." Daniela murmurs. She must've noticed you staring. "If I had to pick, I'd choose you any day."

"She's right. You're so much sweeter." Cassandra traces patterns along your covered thigh. Not even attempting a verbal response, you simply smile at them both.

Thank heavens they thought you were staring at Arlo and not the older sibling.

-

The peaceful atmosphere is ruined by giggles and soft moans, and your eyes almost roll right out of your skull when Bela shoves the dizzy human against the wall. She smirks, noticing you watching.

"I understand that you're insatiable, but can you go enjoy your food somewhere else?"

Bela pulls away with a knowing smile, waving him off. He stumbles away and the vampire strolls deeper into the room.

"It's okay to admit you're jealous, [Y/n]."

You laugh incredulously. "I am many things, Bela, jealous is not one of them."

"You're a terrible liar. I can practically smell your jealousy from the other side of the castle."

"Alright, you got me, please my lady, pierce my flesh with those fangs of yours and bleed me dry."

"Well, since you asked so nicely."

You scoff. "You are unbelievable."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"It wasn't intended to be one. You're aggravating, the only thing you're good at is annoying people. You think everyone will bow before you and do whatever you ask of them. Not me."

Bela still smirks, pacing slowly past the crackling fire. "Sometimes I forget you have quite a mouth on you. Should put it to good use."

"In your dreams, Dimitrescu."

"If only you knew the things I dream about." She hums. You hiss, hearing her inhale. You place the letter opener on the table, surveying the rivulet that travels down your finger and along your palm.

"Dammit." You whisper. "I blame you for distracting me while I'm busy." You huff and rise to your feet.

"Where are you going?"

"To deal with this, obviously."

"No." A hand grabs your wrist.

"Bela." You scold when your back is pushed against the wall. She always forgets how strong she is compared to you. It's a habit of hers to underestimate her strength.

"You were going to let this go to waste." She rebukes.

"Why does it matter when you have Arlo, you own personal blood bank?"

"Gosh, you really are envious. What's wrong, peach, don't you like me being near him?" Your jaw clenches at the name.

The first time she tasted your blood after you clumsily cut yourself on some glass, she claimed that 'you're sweet like peaches'. After catching you blushing like a rose, she decided to keep the nickname.

She holds your wrist, bringing your marred hand close to her face. "Do you not like another human getting all of my attention?"

"No." You glare. "Alright? I hate Arlo."

"He's not so bad."

"Then go to him. I'll find your sisters. Maybe Daniela's feeling hungry this evening. I'm surprised they aren't here already." You smirk midway through your words when her grip tightens. "What's wrong, Bela? Jealous?"

Smiling with pride, her free hand firmly wraps around your neck. "Fine. You wanted my attention, now you have it."

"About damn time."