𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 .𝟐

[ female reader ]

The blonde stands by the window with her arms folded over her chest. A frigid breeze sneaking its way through the glass and across her pale skin.

Her gaze follows the snowflakes that float down from the heavens, despising the coldness of their touch. Though she can relate to how quickly they melt, because she seems to become a puddle around you. Like putty in your hands.

She despises those too. At least she thinks she does. She envies the warmth you hold. Every flake of snow that settles on the ground lures another forgotten memory from the back of her mind.

You hated the cold because it harmed her; it made her weak, which is something you never want to see. The night before you left the village you surrounded Bela with fire so that she wouldn't be hurt again. It was supposed to be sentimental, but neither of you knew what would happen afterwards.

"Come on, Bela. You haven't eaten anyone in days."

"Not hungry."

Daniela presses her lips together, dropping her hand from the door. "You were fine before all of this. You were okay until she showed her face again."

"No." Bela turns and she closes her mouth. "I wasn't fine. I thought I'd be alright without her but I was wrong." Her jaw clenches. "Just leave me alone."

With a small sigh she closes the door, shaking her head with Cassandra gives her a questioning look. Her shoulders sag and her hands drop by her sides.

You stare at the wall of pictures and posters you'd pinned up, in an attempt to make this temporary home an actual home, though it never worked. A wave of your hand spreads a line of fire across the wall. But the warmth wrapping around your body can't compare to the warmth you felt in Bela's arms.

You wipe your cheek with the back of your hand, glancing towards the picture of you and her that sits by your bed. She smiled so much her cheeks ached that day, all because of you.

Without giving it much more consideration, you grab your cloak from where it is draped over the mirror and slip it around your body.

Bela cleans the blood from her sickle and places it on the desk, lifting her head when a single candle ignites in the far corner of the bedroom.

"Daniela? I told you to leave me alone."

Another three candles flame up. Huffing, she travels to the door and eyes the empty hallway. "Cassandra?" Receiving no response she grunts and shuts the door, whirling around when the rest of the candles are lit.

Soft golden hues spread through the room, accompanied by a rush of warmth. Glancing in the mirror, she purses her lips and faces you as you lower your hood. Your eyes happily dance over her figure.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you."

She scoffs. "After you walked away again." You begin to speak but she interrupts. "I've heard enough. I've heard enough of your lies, I've had enough of your games. I've just had enough."