𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺

[ any reader ]

Unable to fall asleep, you huff and stare at the dark bedroom in defeat. Despite being chased through the castle by three ecstatic vampires, who never seem to run low on energy, you still can't seem to drift off.

You carefully turn in Daniela's arms to lay your head on her chest, enjoying the feeling of it rising and falling gently. In her sleep she pulls you against her, and you gaze up at the moonlight shining down on her face.

Even when sleeping she looks flawless, not that that serves as a surprise.

You smile and nuzzle your head against her, tracing your fingers over her black nightie. Moments later, her arms are tightening around you and a whimper escapes her pouted lips. You lift yourself up to check on her when her fingers dig into your waist.

"Hey." You murmur, shaking her lightly. Her grip becomes bruising until her eyes blink open and meet your worried ones. "You okay?" You brush her hair away from her face by tucking it behind her ear.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Bad dream, that's all."

"You're upset. It made you sad."

"No. It was just a stupid dream."

"It's okay to admit if you're scared."

She would've snapped if it had been anyone else telling her this. But with your soft eyes and gentle smile, she simply sighs and looks at the window.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"I'm not gonna force you. But I am gonna baby you until you're happy again." You have her frowning.

"Wha-"

Before she can question what on earth you mean, you're rolling onto your back and tightening your arms around her. This time, her head is on your chest, and you soothingly run your fingers through her hair, hearing a soft sigh that she probably tried to muffle.

"I'm not a baby."

"Never said you were."

"You just-"

"Ssh." You kiss the top of her head. "I can tell that dream scared you. You don't have to worry. I got you."

She frowns and holds onto you, relaxing into your embrace. Your fingers drag along her back and shoulders, occasionally across her arm that is stretched over your waist. She wouldn't admit it aloud but she loves contact such as this.

As her eyes flutter, she tiredly mumbles something with her cheek smushed against you. Something that has you smiling until your cheeks ache.

"Love you."