𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

[ female reader ]

Your body eases into the plush beige chair by the window, every muscle in your body thankful for the comfort. You set your laptop on the polished surface and enter the password, waiting a few seconds until your boss appears on the screen. Neat and pristine as ever.

Wearing the same old partial smirk on her painted lips as you relax into your seat. The door behind you to your right is secured shut with the pilot speaking over the radio, beginning to ascend into the darkening sky.

"Nice to see you in one piece. Did you complete the mission?"

"Target has been eliminated." You confirm with a single nod of your head.

"What about his friend?"

"Took care of him on my way out. No witnesses."

The woman on the screen nods, arms folded as she leans against the metal table behind her. "There's been a change of plan. You won't be heading home quite so soon. Jameson has your new coordinates."

"Am I allowed to know where I'm heading?"

"You'll know soon enough. You have the details."

You lay your phone flat on the table, a hologram sitting above the screen to display a picture of an unfamiliar woman. Your mind is quick to map her features while the new name tumbles from your mouth.

"Daniela Dimitescu." You shake your head slightly. "Is that it? That's all the information you're gonna give me?"

"We were contacted a few hours ago by a source who has requested to remain anonymous. He wants things to be kept discreet and he wants for this to go smoothly."

"Yeah but considering the fact that I'm the one in the field, don't you think I should know a little more about my target?"

"If I had more information on the target I'd tell you but unfortunately I don't." You sigh heavily. "You've done missions like this before."

"Doesn't make it any less irritating."

"Listen, I don't want you going in guns ablaze. Blend in, locate your target, find out what you can and then take her out."

"I know what I'm doing."

"Do you have enough resources?"

"I think so although I'm pretty resourceful when I need to be."

"I need a definitive answer. The place you're heading to is a red zone. Once you're over the border I won't be able to reach you or send any ammo. You'll literally be on your own out there."

"Jesus Christ Clarice, where the fuck are you sending me?"

"This mission is important. You can't mess this up. Our guy is willing to pay a whole lot of money for this kill."

"Money." You echo incredulously. "So you're treating me like a hitman now? You know I'm not a contract killer? Not to sound cliché but I take out bad guys. Murderers, terrorists, those kinda people. My job is to protect the few good people that are left in this world. This woman," you point to the hologram, "doesn't look like a bad guy to me."