𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘈𝘐

[ any reader ]

The witches stand together with their arms folded over their chests, all but impressed as their mother begrudgingly joins for the occasion. An irked sigh tumbles from the eldest.

"This is ridiculous. Haven't we suffered enough? The humans have changed our village to the point where it's unrecognisable. Surely we've endured enough of their antics."

"We have to cooperate with those outside of the village otherwise they'll see us as a threat." Cassandra recites monotonously. The same message is plastered across radio stations every day, no one can drown it out.

"Good. Let them view us as a threat. This is our home."

"There's not much we can do now." Daniela wearily peers up at the darkening sky.

Drones descend from the aircraft stationed above the clouds, lowering dormant figures through the forceful winds beginning to whip across the village. Children pout and shuffle closer to their parents who cling on to them tighter.

Metallic thumps and whirring can be heard for miles as more than a dozen bots are set down and disconnected from the drones, allowing them to ascend and return to the main ship.

It takes moments for the machines to be brought online. Each AI straightens it's head, eyes burning bright like red lasers that pierce through the shadows, stretching through walls to pick up on heat signatures. The villagers refuse to move even an inch as they scan their surroundings.

Bela unfolds her arms and takes a step forwards for a closer look at a particular AI. Your head smoothly veers to the side so your gaze can sweep over nearby families huddled together. Despite the distance, the scar running down the right side of your face is visible. It only spurs curiosity within the witch. You're different from the others.

"Do not be frightened." A voice booms from above the clouds. "They are not your enemies. They are your friends. They are here to both protect you and help you. They are programmed to observe and maintain law and order where necessary, deem this as a positive change rather than a burden. Stay safe, stay happy. We are your saviours."

People flinch from the sudden movements of AI's beginning to wander around. Hushed conversations are shared, most villagers deciding to head back indoors for rest, others wanting to hide away from the intruders. Your strides are smooth, graceful even.

Bela squints. "I'll see you back at the castle. I have more important things to be spending my time on."

"Distasteful." Alcina subtly grimaces. "Your sister may struggle to keep her thoughts to herself at times but on this occasion I must agree with her. We have no need for these creatures. I've had enough of such absurd creations from that fool down at that wretched factory."

"Talking about me again?" Heisenberg smirks when Alcina rolls her eyes. "I'm beginning to think you like me since you won't shut up about me."

"I can feel myself losing brain cells the longer I stand listening to you."

"Look!" Daniela points. "There's already a fight between a human and a robot." She gasps when a man throws an empty bottle at an AI, only to be pinned down by it a second after.