𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

Your head tips back to rest against the wall, and you stare up at the sky with the phone pressed to your ear. The voice of one of your closest friends taking your mind to some place more calm.

"Tell me, how is everyone? Have you been finding your food okay?"

"Yes yes," Alcina chuckles, "don't you worry about that, dear. We're perfectly fine for food."

"And the girls? How are they?"

"They miss you. It's strange not hearing the four of you running around the castle like children."

"I miss you all so much." You fumble with the bow tightened around your pyjama bottoms. Even though she can't see you, she knows the what you want to ask. You take a deep breath. "How is he?"

Alcina turns in her seat to peer through the frosted window, watching the snowflakes float from the dark clouds. "He's been better."

Your eyes drift shut.

"He won't let anyone near him and he's a lot more aggressive than usual, threatening anyone who dares to come anywhere near his factory. He's also..."

"What?" She hesitates. "Al, what is it?"

She sighs. "I'm afraid he's drinking again."

You run a hand over your face. "It's all my fault."

When you first got together, he swore he would quit drinking. He said he wanted to change, to be better for you, and he worked hard to make sure he kept his promise.

He stopped drinking and you couldn't have been prouder, but he couldn't have done it without you. You gave him a reason to try. Without you, trying seems so pointless now.

In fact with you gone, everything seems pointless. His life feels empty. His factory no longer feels like home. He failed to realise just how much you changed his life until you left it.

"You're not to blame, my love. Heisenberg has always been one for bad habits."

"I miss him, Al."

"If you truly wish to be with him, I think it would be best if you told him sooner rather than later. He's not himself lately. Even I'm becoming worried."

-

"Dad?"

"Yeah?" Chris nods.

"Can I ask you for a favour?"

"Hm. Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like the next thing that comes out of your mouth."

"Can you take me to the village?"

"There it is."

"Please?"

He sighs, leaning against the kitchen island. Once his strong arms are folded over his chest, you know you have his undivided attention.