𝘼𝙡𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦

[ any reader ]

Two days ago

Alcina wanders through the castle to check on her daughters, hearing yours and Karl's voices. She stands outside of your bedroom to peer through the gap in the open door, smiling at how you both lay with your heads at opposite ends of the bed.

From the moment she introduced you to her brother, you both clicked. As much as she hates him, she's happy that he finally has a friend he can trust.

"Have you ever had a crush?" You ask him.

"Nope. Why would I? I'm too busy."

"It's fun but at the same time it isn't. You spend all your time daydreaming about them, wondering if they like you back, making up fake scenarios in your head about them. Then there's the impending doom lingering in the background because they could reject you and it makes you want to curl up in a ball and die."

"Being human sounds fun."

"Oh it's a blast." You reply flatly.

"Just say how you feel."

"It's not that simple."

"Yes it is. You just say to them I like you." You scoff and shake your head. "You turn me on."

"No no no," you laugh.

"I wanna fuc—"

"No." You throw a pillow at him.

Present

You search the bottom part of the castle but find no one on your journey. Frowning, you skip up the staircase, catching distant voices that you decide to follow. You push the door open.

"Tell me you little—"

Alcina stops shaking the dazed man when she notices you in the doorway. Karl squints at you upside down, his cheeks rosy from the blood in his body rushing to his head.

"Hey [Y/n]." He greets.

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing." Alcina replies innocently.

"You may hate each other but it's not everyday I walk in on you doing...this."

"This is normal for us."

"Holding him upside down by his ankle is normal for you." She nods in response. "Put him down. Gently," you add sternly when she begins to open her hand.

She sighs and slowly drops him onto the sofa. He blows strands of silver hair from his face. "You wanna explain?" You cross your arms over your chest.

"Not really."

"Alcina." She looks up from the floor. "Did you happen to overhear a private conversation between me and Karl?"

"No..."

"Alcina."

"Maybe..."

"What exactly did you hear?"

"Nothing important."

"You wanna look me in the eye and tell me that again?"

"Nothing important."

"You didn't look me in the eye. You know why? Because you can't when you're lying."

"Fine. I overheard you confessing your feelings for someone, that is all."

"Is the room spinning?" Karl scrunches one side of his face.

"No, don't stand up." You then turn your attention back to his sister. "I do have feelings for someone. I only told Karl because of how close we are."

"Aren't we close too?"

"We are. But I couldn't come to you for advice on how to tell you that I like you." Her mouth opens and closes. "Yeah, you're the special someone."

"I had no idea," she places a hand over her heart. "My dear [Y/n]." You smile bashfully when she tilts your chin upwards and takes your hand in hers.

"Look at that." Karl stands, wearing a lopsided smile as he sways back and forth. It quickly fades as he collapses with a thump, loud snores rolling through the room.

"Idiot." She murmurs.