𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯

[ any reader ]

Hearing a presence on your doorstep, you smoothly pull the door open and rest an arm against it. The witty remark dying in your throat when you find Cassandra stood before you, shivering and teeth chattering.

Her skin as pale as the snowflakes melting in the ends of her dark hair. She keeps her arms crossed over her body for any fragment of warmth she can keep, albeit it being useless with the ceaseless snowfall.

"I n-need yo-your help."

She partly lifts her head and a dangerous storm flashes through your eyes when they land on the cut marring her cheek. Dried blood on her lips and eyelids clearly weighing heavy from exhaustion. Remnants of a lost fight that makes you wonder who dared to lay a finger on her.

"I ne-need you to help m-me kill Miranda."

"Miranda?"

Your fingertips become icy cold at the mention of the name. Another nemesis of yours you hold a grudge against; another name on your hit list that you plan to kill.

The thought of her laying her hands on Cassandra sends ice swimming through your veins. But you don't let your face show it.

She tries to speak but gasps and falls to her knees. You crouch before her, tilting her chin up to get a closer look at her face. Her heart seems to skip a beat at the way your jaw clenches in an anything but subtle manner.

"She did this to you?"

"Didn't know where else to go." She mumbles before landing in your arms. You hold her tightly, glaring at the trees that surround your home.

You sit with your legs propped up on the desk, peering through the window but noticing the vampire beginning to stir to your left. You fingers dance above the glass in your hand and two ice cubes drop into the liquid, clinking together when you swirl it.

"Still alive I see."

Cassandra sits upright in your bed, checking the many layers you'd covered her with to keep her protected from the cold. The crackling of the fire you lit specially for her sheds a wave of comfort over her. You never use the fireplace.

"You must be desperate to come to me. You do know you could have died spending that amount of time outside in the cold."

"Can't kill me that easily."

"I could kill you without lifting a finger." She looks away from her sickle laid on the bedside table. "While we're on the subject, you said you require my help to kill Miranda. First, you're going to tell me why she harmed you. Then you are going to explain why you came back here."

"Miranda is hunting. She seeks more power than she already holds. According to her, four lords isn't enough. She wants a fifth to do her dirty work and when she heard that you were still close to the village..."

"So she wants me. Hmm."

"I refused to help. She lost her temper." Cassandra then clears her throat, avoiding your gaze. "I came to you because you are the only person I know who is powerful enough to end her for good."