𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙 - 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸

[ female reader ]

Grunting at the ceaseless thumping, Heisenberg waves his hand to open the door that the man had been pummelling his fist against.

"You've got some nerve coming all this way." Karl crushes the cigar beneath his boot, his eyes finally lifting to view you cradled in his arms. Curled into his chest for warmth with his jacket covering your shivering torso.

"Please. You're the only chance she has at surviving."

Karl squints and takes a step closer. "Why me?" He lifts the jacket, at a loss for words. Your left arm torn clean off by lycans, leaving you in an unconscious state after the adrenaline had worn off.

"I know you care about her."

Nodding, he motions for them to enter the factory. Chris carries you inside, following the Lord through the winding maze.

-

Your eyes flutter as your head rolls to the side. Your brother's raised voice filled with worry, adding to the growls and snapping of sharp teeth. He panics and bellows, firing every bullet he has.

One knocks you over, pinning you to the snow with its claws prodding into your chest. Your screams ring through the veil of bare trees when teeth viciously clamp on your arm.

"I shouldn't have let her stay out there with me," murmurs Chris. "I told her it was too dangerous but she wouldn't listen. I should've turned her around."

"Stubbornness clearly runs in the family." Karl leans back in his seat, a leg propped up on the desk. "It'll take her a while to get used to this, you know?" He flips the knife in his restless hand.

"I know." He runs his hands over his face and through his hair. "I thought those things were your pets."

"Some are harder to control. The ones that attacked were probably new." Chris brings his hands together, shaking his head. "My lycans know not to go near her."

"Exactly how much do you care about her?"

Before he can dodge the question, you choke on a sob and begin to fidget. Both men moving to either side of the table. Chris utters your name and your arm flies upwards, leaving him no choice but to grab your wrist and hold it down.

"No!" You jolt awake, staring up at them. "Let me go-" you tear yourself from his grip, jumping off the table. Karl holds his arm out and Chris reluctantly stays behind him.

You raise both hands into the light, examining them with watery eyes. Your right hand trembles but your left one clenches into a fist, taking you by surprise.

"Didn't wanna give you one that was big and clunky like the others."

"You..."

"Gave you a fully functioning arm? Yeah."

"After your monsters took mine."

"They weren't mine. My lycans wouldn't hurt you, you know that."

Your gaze drops to your new arm again. He's right. The ones that roam through the village and around the outskirts have your scent, thanks to Karl when you became friends with him.

"I should probably warn you, you'll need to be careful with that," he motions to your arm, "you're gonna be pretty tough now."

"I can't do this." You turn away to open a door, tensing when a bang erupts from behind you.

"Uh," Chris glances at the door you accidentally ripped from the wall. "[Y/n]?"

You face your brother with a guilty smile. "Oops?"