𝘼𝙡𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴

[ female reader ]

"I'm afraid I just do not understand humans or how they function." Alcina admits with a tired sigh, bringing the cigarette back to her crimson lips.

"Two days ago I killed a dozen humans, all for her. I even wore my best dress and hat. I smiled at her like you suggested, and I think she smiled back although I'm not entirely sure. I'm at a loss on how else to hint at my feelings."

The sisters look at one another as if communicating telepathically. Alcina takes a long sip of her wine, savouring the rich taste.

"Mother." She hums, looking at Bela. "Have you tried talking to her? Admitting how you feel instead of relying on your hints?"

She blinks. "Have I what?"

"Have you tried talking?" Cassandra enunciates. Alcina bats her lashes again.

"Now why would you suggest that?"

"So she can understand how you feel." Daniela explains.

She tuts and turns her head. "You girls really are no help at all."

"I have decided I'm going to tell her how I feel." You declare while pacing back and forth, each vampire following you with her eyes. "Enough games. I'm just going to tell it like it is and deal with the consequences when the time arrives." You nod with conviction, placing your hands on your hips.

"I think that is a brilliant idea." Daniela beams.

"I can do this, can't I? Look at me, I'm cute. Adorable even. Drop dead gorgeous, one might say." They nod their heads in agreement. "I can do this. I can get whoever I want. Just because she's nine feet tall and intimidating as hell doesn't mean I can't be flirtatious and brave in her presence."

"Precisely." Cassandra nods.

"I mean there is no reason for me to not be confident. I'm just confessing my feelings for the woman I feel strongly for."

"It's as simple as that." Bela confirms.

You peer into the room where Alcina is seated, glancing back at the sisters over your shoulder. They each give you an encouraging smile and motion for you to go ahead. You do, but not before taking a deep breath first.

She looks up when you clear your throat, closing the book to give you her undivided attention. You gulp when she smiles.

"Hey." You anxiously bite your lip. It takes all of her strength to remain composed when you do so.

"Evening, dear."

"Oh no." Cassandra whispers.

"She's going to freeze." Bela adds.

"I called it." Daniela winces.

"There's something I need to—to tell you."

"Oh." Alcina turns to face you, smiling warmly. "I'm listening."

"Right—well I just wanted to—I wanted to tell you that um...that I uhh—you see, the thing is—I happen to—"

Your cheeks become hotter than the fire crackling behind you. The sisters shake their heads, hiding away as you gaze at them for help.

"Actually it's nothing." You brush it off and begin to leave but the sisters block the doorway, all three folding their arms over their chests.

"What is going on?" Alcina frowns at her daughters over your shoulder. You glare up at them but it does nothing to persuade them to move. You huff and clench your fists.

"I like you!" You blurt. "God dammit I have feelings for you, Alcina Dimitrescu! I fell head over heels for you the moment I laid eyes on you. I love every god damn thing about you, from the way you crouch to walk through doors to the fact that you kill people like me to survive."

The sisters wear proud smirks as you point to the taller woman who freezes under your gaze. "You are a goddess and I would do anything to put a smile on that frustratingly gorgeous face of yours! There, I said it. Happy? Where the—"

You frown at the empty doorway. You swallow nervously now that your emotional support has fled the scene, slowly turning to face the woman you just confessed to. She lays a hand over her heart and moves over to free up a space for you.

"There's something I have to tell you too."