𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘈𝘐 .𝟐

[ any reader ]

Three firm bangs on the door and it's swiftly pulled open. Alcina places a hand on her hip after sparing the AI a brief once-over, unamused by it making an appearance so late in the evening.

"Can I help you?"

"Do you know the location of Bela Dimitrescu?"

Her lips become pursed. "Even if I knew do you honestly believe I'd tell you?" It glances towards Cassandra and Daniela once their heads poke out, glowing eyes twitching as it scans them. Alcina steps to the side to block it's view. "I believe I answered your question. Is that all?"

"Thank you for your assistance. If you come to learn of Miss Dimitrescu's location, it would be wise to tell us."

Alcina silences a scoff and closes the door. "What on earth was that about? The audacity of those creatures is astonishing." It's noticeable the way the youngest shifts on her feet and toys with her fingers, twisting the rose gold ring around her index finger. "Daniela, is there something you're not telling me?"

"I wasn't involved." She answers quickly.

"Involved in what?"

"Do you know something?" Cassandra twists on the spot.

"I just wanted to go for a walk." Lines extend between furrowed brows, innocence settled on her snowy face.

Daniela smiles to a woman passing by when a boom erupts from above. AI's sprint past her and gather in the centre of the village as a pod detaches, soaring through the sky and breaking through tangled flames and smoke tufts.

Endless flurries of bullets and lasers hurtle through the burnt pink sky, missiles eagerly following behind. The pod dips and twists upside down and Daniela curiously cranes her head back. Blonde hair and pale skin seated behind the glass draws a gasp.

"Bela?" She whispers.

Alcina brings a gloved hand to her drumming heart. "What happened?!"

"I don't know. Chaos ensued I had to leave. Those things were targeting anyone in their sight." Alcina lowers into her armchair. "It knew I was hiding something didn't it? I could tell."

"It won't lay a hand on you." Cassandra assures. "Mother, perhaps we don't have to worry. If she's with 102 maybe she's okay. They seem rather fond of her after all."

"Are you asking me to trust one of them?"

"I'm asking you not to spiral into a pit of worry until we know more."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It just happened. It's why I rushed back. I'm sorry." Daniela bows her head and leaves the room with a guilty pout.

"I can only pray my Bela is alright." Alcina clasps her hands together, beginning to mutter prayers under her breath.

You free the blade in your forearm and slice off a chunk of the rock face, slotting it into the gap to block the entrance to the cave. Bela uses your ruby eyes to illuminate her path further inside. A simple spark from you has a fire roaring in the centre, one which she gratefully lowers beside and brings her knees to her chest.