𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

Two sets of golden eyes sweep upwards from the crackling fire at the sound of incoming footsteps. The familiar click of heels against the finest oak floorboards a giveaway that it's the eldest making her way over.

"Finally." Cassandra breaks the comfortable silence. "You kept us waiting despite us telling you we have humans to tend to in the dungeons."

"I had something important to take care of." Bela informs. "I will try to make this quick. We're no strangers to the recent attacks on the village." They roll their eyes. "I've noticed we're struggling to recover after each one, so I contacted someone who can help."

"Who?"

"Someone you're not overly fond of."

"I dislike a lot of people."

"You dislike this person a little more."

For a few seconds Cassandra's eyes become narrowed, her mind racing to think of one person she could possibly dislike so much. Bela watches the realisation paint itself over her drooping face.

"No." She stands up quickly. "You didn't."

Daniela frowns and stands up also, stepping closer. "Didn't what?" She presses, wanting in on the discussion. "Didn't what?!"

"She was taken prisoner."

"People change." Bela only shrugs.

"No they don't!" Cassandra protests.

"Regardless, she's the only one who can help us put a permanent end to the pesky humans. We need her."

"I would rather surrender myself to the humans."

"Oh don't be so dramatic."

Daniela's frown only hardens. "If we're talking about who I think we're talking about, how would she even help us? Isn't she supposed to be rotting away in an underground dungeon miles away?"

"Yes." Bela nods.

"Then how is she going to help?"

"I just answered your question."

"I—what?"

"You said, isn't she supposed to be rotting away in an underground dungeon." Bela recites at a slower pace, though the youngest continues to stare into space with knitted brows.

Cassandra purses her lips and looks the blonde in the eye. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Lies."

"You recall the collar they made her wear?"

"Yes, of course I recall the collar. It was my favourite thing in the entire world because it dampens her powers. I also recall being over the moon once it was clipped tight around her throat."